We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sirenis- Hair and Makeup

Hamilton,On
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Grand Sirenis- Hair and Makeup

Has anyone had ANY experiences with getting their hair or makeup done at the Grand Sirenis? I will be getting married here in February 2010 and would really appreciate any comments of how it turned out.

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sirenis- Hair and Makeup

Grand-Sirenis.com is an unofficial website for this resort. They have a forum, etc...

Hamilton,On
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sirenis- Hair and Makeup

I've joined every forum for Grand Sirenis including the one you've mentioned. There really isn't any info on weddings at this resort. I don't think it's a popular ppick for brides. It's making me a little nervous to say the least!

Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sirenis- Hair and Makeup

We saw 2 weddings there when we wee there a year ago. We really like the Grand Sirenis and it should be great for you! Hope it will be all you want it to be and more!

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Sirenis- Hair and Makeup

I did see 2 weddings also 1 year ago, and it looked pretty impressive.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
971 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Sirenis- Hair and Makeup

I stayed there in January of this year. I didnt see any weddings but we did see the new Spa and it is VERY IMPRESSIVE. The facilites at the Grand SIrenis are wonderful and the service was second to none. I dont think you have anything to worry about. I wouldnt hesitate to book a wedding there for e minute.

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Sirenis- Hair and Makeup

We have vacationed in Playacar in February several times although not at this resort. One thing you need to know is that if you are getting married ON the beach there is always a good wind. This is a good thing in terms of staying cool but for your hair, you'll want lots of hairspray.

Another thing to know is at the resorts I have stayed at...and witnessed weddings...if it is on the beach the tourists will take photos of you, video you and sometimes stand very near the ceremony to watch. I personally like it when the resort ropes off the wedding area on the beach so that the tourists can't get that close (although it still seems close to me.) You really don't want a photo of the bride and groom with a guy in a speedo watching.

February is a good time to go though...we have never had rain and it isn't too hot or too humid. Our last trip was in April and it was more humid then although the flip side was that it stayed light longer and the pools were open until around 8pm instead of 6pm.

Have a great wedding, just remember that it is the upcoming years together that are more important. Enjoy your day, it goes so quickly and I'm sure it will be beautiful!!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Sirenis- Hair and Makeup

Saw 2 weddings while there-beautiful.

8. Re: Grand Sirenis- Hair and Makeup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2010, 05:19