We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amber Jewerly Question

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Amber Jewerly Question

In May when at the CAT hubby and I walked down to PA and I bought my girlfriend and I some awesome earrings. Question is, is there a desent jewerly shop in PM should I just go to PDC? This is a short trip so hubby told me that where ever I go shopping that it will be a fast trip so find a jewerly store before we get there. Can anyone give me couple of names and locations of good shops and approximate locations. I've been to PDC numerous times but never had bought jewerly.

Thanks in advance

3 more sleeps until VIM

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amber Jewerly Question

Ambar Mexicano has beautiful Amber jewelry. It's right on 5th Ave in Playa. It was actually featured on one of Rachel Ray's travel shows.

Edited: 22 December 2009, 03:16
Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amber Jewerly Question

It's on 5th Ave between Calles 4 & 6.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amber Jewerly Question

Thank you Candy. You just made my hubby's day. Quick trip to PDC, grab some jewerly, a cigar or 2, a beer or 3 and back to VIM.

2 more sleepts

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amber Jewerly Question

Thanks Candy, It's also on my list to check out.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amber Jewerly Question

Thanks Candy,

52 days to go. I will also visit the jewelly store and will write a review.

Alex

Edmonton
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Amber Jewerly Question

the amber sold at that store is over priced and poor quality. If you truly want high quality amber it costs a lot more than $90US. It is a huge rip off for the quality.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,540 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amber Jewerly Question

I was also wondering about the quality of amber in Mexico, because as far as I know, it does not originate from that country. It is native to the Dominican Republic and an area near the Baltic Sea in Europe. I purchased amber earrings and a pendant probably 15 years ago in the DR for about $60. each, set in 14K gold, and they still look as good as the day I bought them

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amber Jewerly Question

JMHO, but I've found the amber at that store to be of very good quality and reasonably priced.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amber Jewerly Question

Thank you Candy. I will check it out this weekend as I leave in 14 HOURS. WooHoo. Can't wait. I bought amber earrings in PA and still love them. I will do a review of the shop you have recommeded.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amber Jewerly Question

joken07 -- have a wonderful time! You might want to stop by the Luna Blue...they are having a holiday party. I'm sure it will be loads of fun!! Sure wish I was going to Playa tomorrow!!