We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

NH
Level Contributor
69 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

We would really like to do the show at night. What is the best way to get there and how much does it generally cost?

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

When we stayed at Sandos Playacar we took a cab. I forget how much it costs but it wasn't that much and it is close by. We went for the whole day and then enjoyed the show. When you come out after the show the cabs are all waiting to take you back to the resort. Definately don't go with the big tour buses because you spend a lot of time on the bus because it stops at various resorts.

We bought the dinner and show tickets (not sure if you can still do that) but is was great because you got better seats i.e. location and padded seats with backs, not just benches and the meal was good too.

If you have specific questions, just PM me.

You really should see the turtle exhibit which you could do before the show. If you can only do one thing before the show, go see the turtles...they are HUGE and beautiful. They are near the aquarium but ask for directions because we got a bit lost trying to find them.

Edited: 29 December 2009, 17:08
St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,683 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

http://www.xcaret.com//xcaret_night_tour.html

Taxi from your hotel to Xcaret is less than $10, 100 pesos. Xcaret has a bus that charges $10 for a round trip from PDC. The evening admission is $49 per adult and they allow you to enter after 3:00 PM. If you get there at 3:00 PM you should be able to see a number of things before the evening show, including those turtles.

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

Don't miss those turtles!!!

We liked the butterfly garden too. There really is a lot to see and it is a large property. If admission at 3pm is $49, not sure why you wouldn't just go for the day. The night show is great about 2 1/2 hours if I remember right.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,683 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

I personaly like the Equestrian show, love both of the Mayan games and the Espectacular show at the end of the evening is the best. The best Mexican entertainers money can buy. If you got there at 3:00 then I think you could squeeze in the turtles, but it may be pushing it to see the butterfly pavillion as well, it's a little out of the way.

NH
Level Contributor
69 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

Thanks for your help. We have been to the park many times and some people going with us want to go back just for the show. I will definately take a taxi.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
405 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

Are the turtles new? We were there last February and didn't see them (but it's hard to see it all). Are they in an aquarium, or somewhere near the snorkeling lagoon?

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

Here's a link to a map of the park... It's #5 Tortugas Marinas

It was there on our first visit in 2005(6).

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

There are several open turtle holding tanks with different ages grouped together... then a lagoon with the big ones. We watched the park workers swimming the big turtles to a turtle bath to have their shells scrubbed during our last visit.

It's hard to see it all!

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
405 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

I'm shocked! We've been there four times and never seen the turtles! We'll check it out next month. Thanks.

10. Re: Xcaret at night from Sandos Playacar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2010, 07:16