We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Porto Real - Beach Empty

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moncton
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Porto Real - Beach Empty

I know that there is suppose to be beach restoration begining here soon, and I have been checking the web cam to see if I can watch the action. Today there appears to be no one on the beach, but the chairs are all still lined up there and the palapas are still there as well. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Is the beach now closed off in front of this resort?

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
40 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Porto Real - Beach Empty

possibly to early? post was at 8:10 there time. Also, current temperature is 64 F, maybe a little chill for the beach

Moncton
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Porto Real - Beach Empty

Thanks, you are absolutely right, time dif never even occured to me today. Opps. I was just concerned about the beach restoration being completed before our arrival in Feb, and I keep watching and waiting for it to start. I think it will be interesting to see how its done. Tks

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Porto Real - Beach Empty

Sunset, I am your twin in MN. I've been doing the same thing since we leave the end of the month. My husband has been my voice of reason with comments like " they are asleep since they are on vacation AND maybe the food is better than the reviews and they are eating breakfast".

My DH and mind tell me that no matter what it will be a great vacation, but the worry bug really took a big bite and I can't help myself, LOL.

Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,486 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Porto Real - Beach Empty

You may want to check the ongoing thread on this topic, and particularly what I posted on the 3rd page of it this morning, over here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k32956…

Steve

Moncton
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Porto Real - Beach Empty

Jennytolle, I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone in the worry department. I've been worried since all of the beach renovation topics started to pop up. We spend all of our days relaxing on the beach, and hanging out at the beach bar socilizing. I'm not interested in having to go to another resort for the beach.

I really wish there would have been some kind of warning pop up when we made our reservations in Oct.

playa del carmen
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Porto Real - Beach Empty

It has been quite chilly here for a few days..not beach weather...

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Porto Real - Beach Empty

I'm thinking OT3 could be right and the men (just bigger boys) will enjoy watching the construction. I will just be happy to be thawing out and not wearing all the heavy winter clothes. The clopp clopp of sorell like boots is not my favorite sound!

8. Re: Grand Porto Real - Beach Empty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2010, 06:18