We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

We're looking for a nice AI resort within walking distance to Playa...

chicago, il
Level Contributor
273 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

The Playacar Palace is on the south end of town. #13 right now on TA.

Cheyenne, WY
Level Contributor
235 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

The Gran Porto Real and The Royal Playa Del Carmen are 2 blocks from 5th Avenue!!!

Placerville...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

I second the Playcar Palace. You just walk out of their lobby /driveway area, turn right, and there you are! Also, it's about a 3 minute walk to the ferry - if you want to go to Cozumel for the day.

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

How big is the pool at the Palace - does it get so crowded that you cant get a seat. Can you go and layout on the beach, or is it too small? What about the food/drinks - good?

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

My hubbie and I leave for the Playacar Palace this saturday. It will be our third trip there. The last two times the beach was small but enough to walk over to Senor Frogs. I can give you can update on that next week. Our last two trips were in April 08 and May 09 and there was never an issue getting a spot by the pool. We have always had grt service and grt food. I would recommend the Playacar Palace to anyone without hesitation. The closeness to 5th ave is perfect and makes it easy for an afternoon stroll or late night trip into town. Any other questions let me know!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

Definitely check out the Royal Playa del Carmen - just returned on Monday. It was perfect! Large pool, plenty of chairs at the beach, food and drinks were fantastic (and we are picky about food)...

The best part for us was the location - steps from 5th ave and all the shops/restaurants/bars.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,685 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

The Playacar Palace is very close to 5th Avenue, we stayed the past 2 years at Xaman Ha Condos which is right next to the Palace. We met people who were staying there and IMHO it was way too expensive for consideration. Also the palace had no beach, a very small strip of sand and EVERYONE from the Palace that wanted beach came to the Condo area, they even brought the soccer nets and volleyball nets and set them up in front of us. I would assume for the money you pay to stay there you would not want to have to walk off the property for a bit of beach and then have to walk back for a drink. Also we could hear the music from Senor Frogs most nights and the Palace is just that much closer to it than Xaman Ha Condo's. You can also hear the ferry's all day. If you want to check out the state of the beach go to www.xamanhainfo.com and click on the pier webcam, It looks north and the property immediately north of the camera is the Playacar Palace.

My choice would be any of the AI's south at Playacar, they are all only a 20 minute walk into town, the sidewalk is good and it is not a hard walk. Personally I would try the Rui's they have a variety of resorts, with varying prices and levels of services.

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

What are some of the other AIs just south of Playa that you can walk to? Thanks for the tip about the beach and noise!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,910 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

Their are a number of Ai within walking distance the Riu chain has a number of resorts and Iberostar has one. The Royal Hideaway is an outstanding resort. The ai's located in playacar are within walking distance.

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there an AI resort within walking distance to Playa?

Is Aventura Palace and Spa within walking distance?