We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless on the beach at Secrets Maroma

Topless on the beach at Secrets Maroma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 July 2010, 23:13
Rock Island Illinois
Level Contributor
255 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless on the beach at Secrets Maroma

I have not heard of a resort in that region that doesn't tolerate it on the beach, Some will have more guest participating then others. I'm sure if this is wrong someone will correct me but I think it's acceptable on the beach.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless on the beach at Secrets Maroma

We were there July09 - didn't see any topless. I've seen it at the Palladium but that is larger and you do have more privacy.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,776 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless on the beach at Secrets Maroma

NYbeachlover

I would suggest you hit the tanning booth first in NY. All of the topless sunbathing I have seen in the Mayan Riviera has been very discreet. Primarily because the topless sunbather already had a great tan.

Lake Elmo, Minnesota
Level Contributor
323 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless on the beach at Secrets Maroma

You will be fine.....and you will not be alone... We will be at the CPM next door, with a heavy European clientele, and expect it to be quite common. I am sure it will be at Secrets too. Last several trips, it has been anything but rare. Do what you feel!.... Be free and live....

Edited: 16 January 2010, 23:37
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless on the beach at Secrets Maroma

Perfectly acceptable at all the resorts we've been to over the last 10 years. Discreet for the most part, but nobody really cares one way or the other. If you want to walk down the beach topless - no problem. Never noticed it much at the pool, but we stay at the beach the entire time.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Topless on the beach at Secrets Maroma

Perfectly acceptable at all the resorts we've been to over the last 10 years. Discreet for the most part, but nobody really cares one way or the other. If you want to walk down the beach topless - no problem. Never noticed it much at the pool, but we stay at the beach the entire time.

Swanzey, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Topless on the beach at Secrets Maroma

Just returned November. Several women topless sunning at the beach and walking the beach. None at the pool. I think there were more this year than last.

los angeles,ca
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Topless on the beach at Secrets Maroma

You should blend right in, Catalonia Playa Maroma which is next door had several guests topless. Remember you are in Mexico and you won't see these people again. Enjoy your vacation!!!!

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Topless on the beach at Secrets Maroma

have not been to secrets but i have been to other resorts in the area & yes it is acceptable& i have seen it quite often but i would only do it on the beach. you will be fine-i hate tan lines to but my husband would have a cow if i went topless-in public that is!!!!!