We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

England
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

Hi - I want to stay in a hotel that is within about a 15 minute walk into Playa Del Carmen's shops and restaurants - can anyone tell me if they have stayed in a nearby hotel and if so what is the name of the hotel.

Thanks!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

Playacar Palace, two minute walk to PDC 5th ave and ferry dock. Loved it!

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

Wow, now that would be a heck of a list.

We stayed at Aventura Mexicana (Loved it), and it is 0 minutes to PDC...

Any more?

Art

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

Search the forum or go to www.intheroo.com and check out the interactive map.

Personal favorite is La Tortuga for a European type ambiance. If you want all-inclusive there are 4 resorts in town where you can stroll right outside the lobby. The Playacar Palace is a timeshare and has no beach even tho on the water.

preston, england
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

Hi Nicky, my personal choice if your staying A.I would be the royal or its sister hotel across the road the gran porto real.Both very nice and now the G.P.R has a new beach! 5th av is about 2 min walk away!

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

Of course the beach issue, for many (including the Playacar Palace) is changing as we write with the beach restoration project. Also, many of the AI's in and around PDC have a timeshare or member (Playacar Palace has a membership) component but they all allow non-members or timeshare owners to stay.

Edmonton
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

Grand Coco Bay is the most affordable in the region and I believe it is exactly 15 minutes walking distance or $3 cab ride.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
63 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

We stayed at the Mahekal resort (formerly Shangri-la) and liked it since it is on 38th street so just beyond the hustle and bustle, but a 10 min walk (witha stroller!) to 5th Ave and the pedestrian zone. They also have some "name change" specials going on now.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

The Riu chain has a number of resorts within a 15 minute walk. If you want to go upscale try the Royal Hideaway.

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

Reading your initial post, you are looking for a hotel a distance from PDC and 5th Avenue but not too far. If that is the case, the nearest that I know of is the Playacar Palace, which is 2-3 minutes from the southern end of 5th Avenida starting at the Ferry pier. The next out is the Sunset Fisherman's resort which is about a 12 -14 minute walk away. Both of these are timeshares, but some, if not many can be rented as well. There are more resorts starting about an additional 5 minutes further away to the south. Now, if you are looking for hotels/resorts in PDC, that's a different story and most of the prior posts should help you in that regard. Sunset Fisherman's is embedded in Playacar Phase I with very nice homes and a quiet neighborhood surrounding the resort.

monroeville, PA
Level Contributor
308 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotels are within 15 minute walking distance PDC

The Royal and the Gran Porto Real (sister resorts) are the closest.