We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Del Carmen (Quiet) non partying small hotel

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Del Carmen (Quiet) non partying small hotel

Does anyone have a recommendation for a quiet non-partying hotel that is all-inclusive. We want to visit the area but have found that may large hotel form of entertainment is drinking. Any help would be welcomed.

Oregon
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Del Carmen (Quiet) non partying small hotel

In order to avoid the hard-partying, why not move away from the all-inclusive and just book a smaller property, perhaps with restaurant on the premises. There are several in close proximity to the beach with lots of restaurants within walking distance. Look for those within a couple of blocks of Constituyentes between 5th and 10th. You'd be right near the activity on 5th Avenue when you wanted it, but not bothered by the die-hards at the swim up and lobby bars.

British Columbia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Del Carmen (Quiet) non partying small hotel

We stayed at the Viva Wyndham Azteca in Playacar. It is a smaller AI with 270 rooms. We did not hear a lot of partying. There were families there and it was a 15 minute walk into Playa. It was very nice...great food. We loved it! (went with our 3 kids, so really didn't want the party scene either)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Del Carmen (Quiet) non partying small hotel

Xcaret (Occident Grand)

CO
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Del Carmen (Quiet) non partying small hotel

The only AI resorts on the beach right in town are Gran Porto Real and the adults only Royal Playa Del Carmen next door (budget Real not on beach) Playacar is close by and I hear the Royal Hideaway is quiet at night.

I was going to suggest Quinta Palmera until I read the all-inclusive part. It's Adults Only, 6 rooms with jacuzzis and upscale touches in a quiet area north of Const. on 5th and Calle 30. In room laptop with wi-fi, Breakfast and beach club passes included.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i20659-Playa_De…

Plenty of great places to eat, hear live music and stroll around 5th and the Calles surrounding it. A few of my favorties (more on the right and reviews on the left):

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i15504-Playa_De…

Check out the links on the right under Top Questions for restaurant, excursion and tons of area info. Good Luck Deciding! :) CW

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Del Carmen (Quiet) non partying small hotel

What about Secrets Capri? When we were there 2 years ago it was very quiet in regards to the party thing. It could have been the crowd while we were there but from the reviews it seems to hold true.

6. Re: Playa Del Carmen (Quiet) non partying small hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2010, 07:15