We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Cancun aiprort to Riu Tequila

Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Cancun aiprort to Riu Tequila

Can anyone tell me if there are cabs outside the Airport in Cancun that will take us to the Riu Tequila? Any idea on approximate cost?

We are travelling independently so have no tour company transfer.

I havent been able to find a company to prebook. Is there any?

Exotik Mayan Tours
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Mercanti Viaggi
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
KayTours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Paseo Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,547 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Cancun aiprort to Riu Tequila

A private transfer is likely to be more economical than a taxi to get from the airport to your resort. (On the way back to the airport though, a taxi may be cheaper).

USA Transfers, Cancun Valet, Cancun Transfers, Best Day, AGI and Lomas all get frequent rave reviews on these boards.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Cancun aiprort to Riu Tequila

We use Lomas

http://www.lomas-travel.com/

tx
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Cancun aiprort to Riu Tequila

I would recommend cancuntransport.com to you. We used them last year. We had 4 people round trip to the Valentin for less than $100 (can't remember exactly what we paid) and they picked us up in a really nice Suburban with leather and GREAT A/C. The taxis usually don't have A/C but they are waiting outside the airport for you.

Also i just booked with them again this year. This time we have 6 people round trip to RPDC for $120 total. Great Price IMO.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Cancun aiprort to Riu Tequila

a taxi may be a little more $ than private transfer, so i agree w/ cstensrud (we r using them this march as well ) they are very reasonable & even gave me a better rate when i told him & could go w/ another company for a little less $ & he came down on the price-nice negotiation! i have used lomas (they are a bit expensive) & also have used bestday, both are great companies but just shop around. good luck

duluth,mn
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Cancun aiprort to Riu Tequila

another option is the ADO bus, clean, modern, safe.will get you there almost as fast. $8 per person to Playa, then a $5 cab to the Tequila.

Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Cancun aiprort to Riu Tequila

Thank you for the prompt replies.

I have quotes from two of them now so very easy.

Great!

so looking forward to this trip.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Cancun aiprort to Riu Tequila

If you are bargain shopping, I always find USA transfers the cheapest. Used them the last two years and again this year. Try entertainment-plus.net

8. Re: Transfer from Cancun aiprort to Riu Tequila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 07:17