We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok Almost time for first PDC visit- need "can't miss" things

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
131 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ok Almost time for first PDC visit- need "can't miss" things

Hi- bringing family of 6 ( 4 kids age 10, 8, 6, 3 ) in 2 weeks for our first ever Mexican/ PDC trip- staying at Fairmont- I have been all over this forum for weeks- but I thought I would just throw it out to the group-

1. Can't miss ideas for sightseeing and fun ?

2. suggestions for family friendly food ?

Thanks !!!

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
131 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok Almost time for first PDC visit- need "can't miss" things

no advice from all you experienced Playa travelers ?

CO
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok Almost time for first PDC visit- need "can't miss" things

If you take a peek on the right there are pages and pages of favorites, specialties and things to do in town under Top Questions.

Family friendly eats Karen's, Los Comales, La Parilla and many more on 5th and off. Enjoy your trip! :) CW

Le Roy, New York
Level Contributor
92 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ok Almost time for first PDC visit- need "can't miss" things

Definitely go to Xel-ha for snorkeling. Do a zipline/cenote tour. With 4 kids though, you might not want to do too many excursions, they'll probably have a great time just hanging out at the resort.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,662 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ok Almost time for first PDC visit- need "can't miss" things

My posse is bigger than your posse. My budget may be bigger than your budget? Wait your coming from the the Fairmont. Maybe you have a pretty good budget :-))) What do you have in mind? How adventuresome are your kids? It's pretty easy to impress a 10 yr old in Mexico, but a 3 yr old is a challenge.

5. Re: Ok Almost time for first PDC visit- need "can't miss" things

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 07:16