We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Phone at Secrets Maroma

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
I Phone at Secrets Maroma

I have an I Phone and will be staying at SMB next week. Will I be able to hook up to their Wi Fi? AT&T suggested that I purchase a data plan @ 59.99 for 50 MB. Not sure it is worth it. I don't plan on using the phone a lot but want to be able to have the option to.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
579 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I Phone at Secrets Maroma

It all depends if your room is a Preferred Room or not. If so, yes you will get hifi signal, if not it's prettu sporadic. For eample last week our room was closer than our friends' to the Preferred Section and yet we could only get a very weak signal in a small 3'x3' part of ou room while they could get a strong signal signal i their room.

However you'll get a free and strong signal in the Lobby Bar area and the Breakfast restaurant area (World Cafe).

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I Phone at Secrets Maroma

Thanks for the info. We have a regular room. Did the phone part work as normal or did you get an international calling plan. I am new to this I phone technology any guidance is greatly appreciated!!!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
579 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I Phone at Secrets Maroma

Sorry but I have a iTouch and was answering on a wifi basis. However my Blackberry was downloading everywhere..... and all week long and thanks to my wife I never looked at it..!

Edited: 29 January 2010, 01:32
Phoenix, AZ
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I Phone at Secrets Maroma

If its jailbroken and unlocked you can buy a telcel sim at oxxo and get data for about $20 for 7 days

5. Re: I Phone at Secrets Maroma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 05:17