We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riveria Maya deals

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Riveria Maya deals

Which is a better way to go? Inclusive or non-inclusive.

We want to visit the area and are not drinkers and want to be at a quiet peaceful resort. Is it cheaper to get the all inclusive even if we don't do all the activities or a la carte?

NYC
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riveria Maya deals

Not drinking leads me to think you will be better off doing European plan (non-AI), as you will save $$$ and have more dining choices available to you. However, it also depends on where you stay, the deal you get, and where you dine at. Many resorts charge high prices for on-sire dining, so if you are set on staying at the resort, even eating adds up. For example, you can grab a room at the Hilton Cancun for as little as $130 USD. Add breakfast at approx $20 pp, lunch at $20 pp, and dinner at $40 pp and you are up to $290 per day for 2 people. You don't drink. Does that mean you want have one or two frozen treats on the beach? How about a bottle of wine with dinner? See where I'm going with this? Also, the non-AI resorts usually do not provide value added. For example, most likely there will be no evening shows, or bingo by the pool bar, or spanish lessons, etc... So, it really all depends on what you want out of your vacation. if you eat budget meals, aren't looking for entertainment, and only have a couple drinks per day, AI is not for you. Also, if $$$ is no concern, I do not recommend AI, since having all of the choices outside your hotel walls is ideal. CUN has lots of options, and so does PDC.

Edited: 31 January 2010, 23:21
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riveria Maya deals

Thanks for much. You have really helped me sort out what we need.

I think we are going Non-AI.

3. Re: Riveria Maya deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2010, 07:16