We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

Wausau, WI
Level Contributor
549 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

OK, so I check back regularly to see new reviews, and there are two new ones posted today (2/2) that could not be more different! One person thought it was heaven on earth and another thought the place was a total rat hole and a waste of money!

So which resort are we ending up at when we arrive?!? Anyone care to chime in on these two new reviews?

Thanks.....

(I am sort of taken aback by the stumps on the beach; didn't think it could be that bad, but there it is.....)

Calgary,Alberta
Level Contributor
229 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

We are booked for April and I too have been reading the latest reviews.The stumps on the beach do have me a bit worried as I have had surgery on my foot and it is now fused with screws. I love spending my days on the beach and in the water, supposedly if you walk down past the pier on your right there is good access.

Not the greatest but will make do ! I think some people go on holidays with high expectations that never live up to what they want. I went to Santa Maria Cuba last May and the resort and food was ok but the beach and people made up for it.

My advise is to go with an open mind and go with the flow...this is our first trip to Mexico so we are going with no expectations other than to enjoy the sun and eachothers company...

Argyle, Texas
Level Contributor
779 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

The stumps picture is interesting. I am a naturally suspicious person and the angle of it makes me wonder if it's really the Secrets Capri beach. You can't tell. I know that beach conditions can change rapidly but it looks SO different than the other beach pics. Also, the beach looks WAY more busy than any other beach pics on TA. Lots of foot traffic that is not portrayed in any of the other beach shots.

I also found it odd that they were so miserable but when given the opportunity to change resorts they declined. I'm sure they were offered either Silversands or Maroma which are both much newer resorts.

Colorado
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

There are also children in that picture, which I wouldn't expect to see at Capri but I'm not sure whether they are just walking through.

New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

I agree, the stumps looked pretty bad!

chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

I am confused....the bad review states the heated portion of the pool was only 72 degrees...I am going in two weeks and have been emailing Humberto the head concierge and he assures me the pool is heated to at least 82 degrees....I hate cold pools....I was at a 5 star hotel in Maui two years ago and the water was ice cold and not a soul would enter the pool even though it was 88 degrees and the pool area packed.

Can someone tell me the truth....is the pool heated or not? Any suggestions on another resort with a heated pool?

And the beach...can anyone verify if those pics are accurate?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
193 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

I have been to Secrets Capri three times, as recently as last June. I have never had a reason to complain about the condition of the hotel, the beach, the pool, the service, or the food (which would explain why I've been three times).

I have checked out the photo of the stumps and I can not make out for sure if it is SC or not. The width of the beach does appear to be a bit narrow (even for the normally narrow beach at SC) and the amount of people and children in the photo does make it a bit suspicious. I have never seen children or that amount of food traffic at once on the SC beach.

From what I have seen, the resort spends a considerable amount of time keeping up the beach. They even go as far as to employ a person who spends the entire day walking up and down their portion of the beach cleaning up any seaweed that washes up.

I have walked the beach to the south of the resort, which is usually in rough shape compared to the SC portion. That picture might be of the beach that is next to the SC property.

My suggestion to those of you who are heading to SC in the near future is to send private messages to the other people who have recently written reviews to find out if there are stumps on the beach or if that picture is false. I would be surprised if that photo is really from SC.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,222 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

We are also going back to Capri begining of May. Regarding the conflicting reviews.... here are my two cents worth ! There are ALWAYS conflicting reviews at EVERY resort. Wherever we go there are reviews that are completely opposite of our experience by people that were there at the exact same time..... always. How do you explain that ? ..... it's just like your favorite restaurant at home that you've been going to for years and see the same people enjoying the same great food each time you go.... and YOU send someone there and they report back that it was the worst, terrible, dirty, bad service and definitely unedible food ! The reviews are the same thing, yes someone can have a bad experience, but SUCH a disparity ????? Some people just cannot be pleased at any cost.

Regarding the beach, it is, I understand, a man-made beach and the recent storms may have wreaked a bit of havoc on them, but I would be completely suspect of that photoed condition being the "entire" beach. Just my thought anyway.... Capri is a great resort IMHO.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
60 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

We've also been considering this resort, and i've heard a few comments about some stumps around but the latest photo WOW!!!!! I'm really suspicious about it, doesn't look right to me. I'm thinking its another area, i'm really hoping anyways, otherwise they better get on it soon or alot of people won't be too happy.

Wausau, WI
Level Contributor
549 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

Someone just posted this picture on Facebook

www.facebook.com/…

(If you can't see, just ask to be a Secrets Capri fan)

Does NOT look like the same beach!

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,200 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Capri: Two new reviews

Yes that looks more like what I remember! Barren like that too!