We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
430 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

We are planning to travel out to Mexico in January 2011 and would prefer to book our accommodation ourselves. Can anyone recommend private accommodation in Playa del Carmen which is near the centre but quiet enough not to be disturbed at night by music/noise etc. We would like something near the beach, a pool would be great, but not a necessity if near the beach. Just need small accommodation with one bedroom for a couple.

Billings, Montana
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Try the Xaman Ha Condo complex. They have 1, 2 & 3 bedroom condos for rent from the various owners. I think there are several sites that rent those condos along with a few individual owners.

Here's the TA review on them: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150812-d241691…

Sites that [may] rent the condos include:

www.latinipartners.com

www.xamanhainfo.com

playa.info/playa-del-carmen-villas-xaman-ha.…

escapedreams.com

I've used www.rentalsyourway.com twice now with nothing but good things to say about the company and the condos.

Here's my review last time we stayed there: tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

We're going back again at the end of March and I can't wait!!

Have Fun!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,287 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I stayed at Palma Cocos as couple of years ago - loved the location - close to the "action" of 5th but nice and quiet, a 10 minute walk or so to the beach.

http://palmacocos.com/

Brent was super-easy to deal with and refunded our damage deposit in a timely fashion.

HTH

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I agree that Xaman-Ha condos make sense. Also, you can check http://www.vrbo.com for privately owned condos in the Playa Del Carmen area and book them via that website.

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Also, to amplify the suggestion of the Xaman-Ha Condos, they are a short walk, less that 5 minutes from the south end of 5th Avenidas and just inside Playacar Phase I which is a quiet gated community. So if you want hustle and bustle, noise, shopping and restaurants, it's a short walk away, but if you want quiet, the beach, a pool and beautiful views go to Xaman-Ha. I've never been there but I've walked by and the location is superb. Here is one link to a condominium in Xaman-Ha:

http://www.xaman-ha.com/

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
430 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Thanks you all for your comments. Plenty of surfing for us to do then!

Flights have just been released for next January so we will get these booked and then sit down and go through the links provided.

Looking forward to it already!

san jose
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Hi all

Xaman-Ha seems like its not actually on the beach for Playa del Carmen? Any condo recommendations for condos on the beach?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I may be wrong but if you look at this webcam the beach project is at Xaman Ha today. Tomorrow or the next day or so you should see a great beach

http://www.xamanhainfo.com/webcam

If you want to assert that Playacar is not Playa del Carmen...maybe others can comment on that.

Edited: 05 February 2010, 01:53
san jose
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Hi

Thats cool, I was not too sure as I was looking at googlemaps and was not sure if it is on the beach and wanted to ask.

I was looking for other condos to rent as well so wanted to get some comments. So far those recommended like El Taj was kind of the expensive side.

Since we are only going to be able to get 4 nights at playa, I was looking for something in 200 range and within 3-5mins walking to the beach.

Any comments? Thanks!

Duluth, GA
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Check Aldea Thai. They are relatively new. I was able to get a great rate for the first week in April; we booked a junior suite. It appears to be a condo that functions as a hotel.

san jose
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Accommodation/Condo in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Hi there

How much did you get Aldea Thai for? Can you share?

Thanks