We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back from OGX - questions?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon Canada
Level Contributor
390 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back from OGX - questions?

Just returned Tuesday from OXG. Was a great resort, weather was good, had a great time. Will post reivew but if anyone is leaving soon and has questions please ask.

winnipeg,mb
Level Contributor
200 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back from OGX - questions?

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time. We are leaving in 11 days, 7 hours and 46 minutes but I'm not really counting lol. Did you book through Sunquest? Did you book supersaver? What building did you stay in? I think that's it for now. lol. Thanks

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back from OGX - questions?

ctccjane, glad you enjoyed your vacation. We got back about a month ago and just wanted to say that we met a wonderful couple from your neck of the woods. We spent several days with them.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back from OGX - questions?

Will be there for the 1st time in early April - can't wait!

Were the a-la-cartes easy to book? Did you have to book all the beginning of your week or could you 'wing it' and book on the day or just show up towards the end of the dinner hours and get in.

Also - was it relatively easy to get chairs in areas of shade around the pool?

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back from OGX - questions?

I have a few questions!! Thanks for the offer!!

What was the resort like at night? The shows, and after? There are 4 of us going between 24-30... 2 couples.

Also, how much have people paid for the OGX for a week? We are looking for June 2010 and about to book but I want to make sure we're getting a good price. We're being quoted $1300 for 8 nights (Canadian dollars).

Thanks & can't wait to be there... 134 days & definitely counting.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back from OGX - questions?

I have a few questions!! Thanks for the offer!!

What was the resort like at night? The shows, and after? There are 4 of us going between 24-30... 2 couples.

Also, how much have people paid for the OGX for a week? We are looking for June 2010 and about to book but I want to make sure we're getting a good price. We're being quoted $1300 for 8 nights (Canadian dollars).

Thanks & can't wait to be there... 134 days

Saskatoon Canada
Level Contributor
390 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back from OGX - questions?

Hotam, we went through Transat Holidays. We stayed in building 12 which is right off the lobby and the buidlings off the lobby are the only ones with elevators. Am I ever glad we were there. Speaking with people at the end of their week they were thoughly tired of stairs. Our room was not a supersaver, I think that is a Sunquest thing, not sure? We had a very nice room, king bed, great shower, and we only spent from about 11:30 at night to 9:00 in the morning in our room anyway.

Weddingmoonsoon, They will let you book 2 a la cartesat a time and then 2 days later you can go back and reserve 2 more. We reserved at the desk in the lobby. I think if you reserve with the concierge in your building is when you get the time share pitch. We were only approached once by the timeshare people, had no problem with them. We ate in the Italian/Med, the seafood, oriental and steak house. The steak house we didn't have a reservation, just wen in and asked and with a 50 peso note we were seated. The oriental was our favourite and we went there twice. We had no problem getting a chair at any pool at any time and there were still lots open. The hotel was full when we were there because they were offering to send people to the Occidental in Cozumel for 2 nights to make room for people.

CORedtop, we met some people from Denver at the pool but lots of other people as well. Glad to hear you met some good Rider (our CFL team) fans because everyone from Saskatchewan is a Rider fan.

Saskatoon Canada
Level Contributor
390 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back from OGX - questions?

CanadianSun, Resort at night was great. There is a courtyard outside the theatre where lots of people gather as there is a bar there. 2 nights they had a small market set up with lots of vendors. One night the show theme was Las Vegas so they had blackjack and roulette tables set up. You got $400.00 play money and after the show they had an auction that you used your winnings to bid on things. The shows were very well done, the ones we saw. they have a kids thing in the theatre every night at 8:00 so if you frequent the courtyard it gets kind of repetitive. There is also the lower level of the lobby bar where a lot of people congregate until it closes at 11:00. We never hit the disco so don't know what that is like.

We paid $1291.00 (incl tax) for our 8 days, so you are getting a good price. We also bucked up and flew Club Class with Transat. It was well worth the price just not having to stand in line to check in let alone the non-stop drinks, 2 kinds of red or white with a large choice menu for food and the great tray of liquerus (Grand Marnier incl) that they bring around after the meal.

Saskatoon Canada
Level Contributor
390 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back from OGX - questions?

One more thing if you are a wine drinker. The house wine is quite sweet and was not to our taste. I had read on a review that people had taken their own wine and the wait staff was happy to open and pour for you. Prices to buy better wine at the a la cartes started at $20 US. We actually took 4 bottles of wine with us in our luggage and I was sure glad we did. We could buy wine here that we knew we liked for a lot less tnan $20 US.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back from OGX - questions?

Thanks so much for the information. We keep hearing great things about the resort, so I'm very excited. Now it's just a waiting game :)

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Back from OGX - questions?

Sorry, I do have one more question.....

What do the standard rooms look like? Oh... and which buildings are the best to stay in, if we are making a request.

Thanks!