We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
87 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

Buying the Bubba Keg cups before I head down this weekend to Royal PDC. What size is good? 20 ounce too small? 34 ounce?

Do many folks use them at the Royal - will the bartenders and waitresses mind?

Thanks -

San Diego...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

They don't mind at all The 34 is perfect although I have seen people use the 64 ouncers. Just remeber the server or bartender and tip appropiately

Timmins, ON
Level Contributor
351 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

I've always used the 20 ounce and it's perfect in my opinion.. especially if you like to drink different things throughout the day.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

I bought the big keg shaped one first and didn't like how heavy it got. I upgraded it with the 20 oz one. It is more tippy since it is top heavy, but it digs in really nice in the sand and I spend all my time on the beach. So it works great for me. Like renrenren I like the options of drinking different things.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

What IS a bubba keg? I've heard others use this word in this forum. Sounds like a southern term. Just wondering!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

Here you go. I Got mine @ Canadian Tire in Canada

http://www.bubbakeg.com/

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,952 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

I have a 22 oz insulated mug, it has a sport's logo on it...I have found that ones with a wider base offer less chance of spilling...Plus the sport's logo is a conversation starter...And I have used it at the RPDC.....They don't mind at all..

new jersey
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

I dont mean to sound dumb, but I am going to the Royal in March and just want to be prepared... so you bring your own cup for them to make the drinks in? That is awesome, but do most people do this??

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,952 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

Yes, you bring your mug, and they will refill it..At the pool or such, just hand it to the waitress and order your drink...At the bar, just hand it to the bartender and order your drink..I like a destinctive mug, aides when ordering the same drink...At the pool and beach, without the mug, your drink will arrive in a plastic cup....With the Temp's, it will turn hot fast..

Creighton...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

The Bubbas are awesome. You don't have to deal with tiny plastic glasses, or glasses that are rinsed and not washed properly. Some of the glasses I saw in the D.R. were like 4 or 5 oz . . . really puny.

Highly recommend your own insulated mug, the beer stays icy cold while laying on the beach!

Moira

Boston
Level Contributor
61 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What size Bubba Keg for AI (Royal PDC) - Do they mind?

Bass Pro Shops have a 34oz mug for 4dollars. Search for name-drop mug. Kept our frozen drinks ice cold for 2 hours (once!).