We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SMB - Exterior Private Soaking Tub

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
SMB - Exterior Private Soaking Tub

Do these only come with the Preferred Club rooms and if so, do you feel it's worth the upgrade?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
797 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SMB - Exterior Private Soaking Tub

I think it is a preferred option. You should definitely double check. That being said---we did not use ours the last time we were there.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SMB - Exterior Private Soaking Tub

mountaingirl.....Was there anything about the soaking tub that influenced your decision not to use it? Was it in good condition?

Thanks,

Prize : )

Midwest
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: SMB - Exterior Private Soaking Tub

We didn't have an exterior tub in our room, but we visited a room that did and there wasn't really any privacy. The people staying in the room said the water didn't get very warm either if that helps your decision at all.

Montreal, PQ
Level Contributor
120 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SMB - Exterior Private Soaking Tub

Hi,

We stayed in the preferred section, building 26...The soaking tubs are only in this section but imo are not worth it alone...It is the building location that is closer to the beach. Our view was amazing bu maybe the farther rooms have as nice a view...You just need to ask for top floor and check the map to make sure there is no obstruction from facilities. The private lounge is nice but not worth the extra $$$ either. My only reason to book the same room again would be to get ROSY as our concierge as she was AMAZING !!! She serves buildings 25,26 and 27 (unless they have changed but she had told us that those were hers ever since the opening)

Just a short story...First the tub takes decades to fill...Second, We got to the tub around 7ish after having a few drinks...Now when you get out of the tub and into the room...watch out

My bfriend slipped and hit his head on the marble...that itself is dangerous enough (he fell asleep not too long after and i found myself waking him up every 90 minutes to make sure he did not suffer a concusion (i am french canadian my spelling might be off)) On top of that, there is a step maybe 6 feet from the entrance that if he had hit his head there we could of found ourselves with a more dangerous situation...

All in all, the tub aint worth it and they don't do much to prevent people from slipping on the floor once inside (i.e. putting a mat or something) Not that i am blaming the resort...we should have been more careful.

Feel free to write back if any questions,

Michelle

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SMB - Exterior Private Soaking Tub

We were on the 2nd floor of building 25 with a partial ocean view and did not pay for the Preferred Club. At check-in, I noticed that our paperwork clearly said NO CLUB, yet we did get the soaking tub on the balcony.

We used it twice and enjoyed it. As the previous poster said, the floor does get extremely slippery, which my husband found out when he slipped and injured his toe (nothing major but could've been bad). So the 2nd time we used it we brought out the bath mat. I do have to say there is very little privacy if you're on the 2nd floor. Also, we preferred it over the indoor tub, which was great except for all of the rust that collected in the water (the bath bubbles turned orange and so did I!).

6. Re: SMB - Exterior Private Soaking Tub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2010, 06:17