We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sirius Radio in PDC?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Sirius Radio in PDC?

Has anyone tried their Stilletto in PDC! It would be great if I could catch the Jason Elllis show while laying on the beach!

Fairfield,CT
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sirius Radio in PDC?

I am not sure if this helps, however my XM radio ( sirius & xm are same company different satellites) works in Cancun.

Le Roy, New York
Level Contributor
92 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sirius Radio in PDC?

I tried it last year at the Royal PDC and could not get a signal but, maybe things have changed in a year.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sirius Radio in PDC?

We didn't have much luck at the Gran Porto Real last month. If it worked at all it was on the beach, but I can't remember how well.

Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
37 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sirius Radio in PDC?

We have Sirius Radio in our car and it works great in Playa del Carmen. We drove down from Boston a couple of years ago (now live and work here full time), and experienced some outages in the most southern part of the Yucatan perhaps because it was the furthest from the satellite, but now in Playa it works like a charm!

Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sirius Radio in PDC?

I personally cannot believe that you would play a radio talk show on the beach around other people. Most folks are on the beach to listen to the ocean or native music, not some gawd-awful talk show host.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sirius Radio in PDC?

LOL, I live near the ocean full time so its not so much of a draw for me personally! More about getting as far away from work as possible. And I have a personal Sirius radio, bout the size of an iPod with earphones, no one else will be subjected to him.

Edited: 27 February 2010, 18:05
playa del carmen
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sirius Radio in PDC?

Great post Fran....NOT!!!

Really not the place for your opinion on what anyone would like to listen to on the radio...

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sirius Radio in PDC?

Yup, mine worked at the VIM back in August/Sept 09. Stiletto 2 portable. Just make sure you have good line of sight like usual and should be fine.

Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sirius Radio in PDC?

Jeez, Playachris. And, here I thought that this was a place to view opinions.

playa del carmen
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sirius Radio in PDC?

Fran...it is a place for opinions...hotels. bars, restaurants, tours, car rentals, and the like...certainly not a place for an opinion of what someone should or not should listen to on the radio!!!