We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa del Carmen SOLO TRIP ??

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Playa del Carmen SOLO TRIP ??

Hola :)

I was wondering if anyone has ever traveled to Playa del Carmen or the surrounding areas alone? I’m 24 and it looks like I’ll be planning a solo trip for June. Does anyone have advice for a solo traveler? I’ve never been on a vacation alone (other then visiting relatives in other parts of Mexico) so I’m a little concerned about this trip, but I’m also kind of excited! In any case, any input is appreciated.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa del Carmen SOLO TRIP ??

You should definitely be excited! Lots of people go solo to Playa. (me included). There are some great little hotels on the beach and close to the beach that are just perfect for solo travelers. People are very friendly in Playa also.

CO
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa del Carmen SOLO TRIP ??

I did several sola trips and love having the freedom to do whatever I want, when I want. Easy to find people to hang out with when you want and be alone when you want.

Be sure to check out the links on the right under Top Questions. Have fun!

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa del Carmen SOLO TRIP ??

I mostly travel solo and I have never felt alone. This will be my first trip to Playa March 26th. I'll keep you posted when I return!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa del Carmen SOLO TRIP ??

Hello, I'm 52 and married and enjoy a solo vacation. It is relaxing and everyone is wonderful to talk to. You are young and may find a different experience but for an old guy it.s great.

beantown
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa del Carmen SOLO TRIP ??

While you may not run into alot of solo's - everyone is very friendly and normally you kinda get sucked in to a group so you're never really feeling alone except when you want to be - I've been to Playa 5 times alone and wouldn't hesitate to do so again. enjoy

6. Re: Playa del Carmen SOLO TRIP ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 06:17