We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wilma and iberostar lindo

d40
milwaukee, wi
2 posts
Save Topic
wilma and iberostar lindo

Anyone have a report on the lindo hotel post wilma. Would appreciate report from someone whohas stayed after reopening after wilma.

michigan
Level Contributor
648 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wilma and iberostar lindo

Welcome to Trip Advisor!! There haven't been any reports filtering in from anyone returning since they re-opened, but do some searching, and you'll find lots of info from people who were there during Wilma. There are some reviews on each of the hotels in the paraiso complex with photos. Also do a search on here for lindo wilma. Somebody had a link to a really helpful slide show a little while back. Also, check out this site:

www.iberostar-board.com/boards/index.php

tons of helpful Iberostar info on that board. We're heading to the Del Mar in 18 days, so I've been frantically looking for those reviews myself.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wilma and iberostar lindo

sunnin,

We are heading to the Del Mar Dec. 24. I would LOVE a report on conditions from you when you return. I keep reading conflicting stories, so it would be great to hear from someone who's actually been there and can give an HONEST report!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
434 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wilma and iberostar lindo

We are heading out to the Del Mar 11/28, and I have been scouring this site and the IB-BOARDS site also and have found nothing that has been written by anyone that has actually been there for a first hand report. I dont know where all of the writeups are, but I am anxiously awaiting something. I will post after I return in December.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wilma and iberostar lindo

My husband and I are scheduled to arrive at the Del Mar on 11/28. From what I've heard, they are upgrading guests to the Maya because the Del Mar was hit the worst. I would love to hear most first had news from anybody who has seen the beach.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wilma and iberostar lindo

I had read that some people from the Del Mar were upgraded to the Maya because the Del Mar had not yet re-opened. From what I've been reading, it is now open and has people staying there.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wilma and iberostar lindo

I stand corrected. I just read this on another site. Information from people who are there right now:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------ok, my parents are unable to call but have sent an email and will keep us updated throughout their stay up to the 25th. here it is:

hello, all is well for the moment. just wanted to give you a heads up. only the maya is open and yesterday had a total of 125 guest. the other three are closed but expected to open in this order the lindo, beach, del mar. the likely hood of you being at the del mar looks slim. the beach is bare, no palapas to be seen yet. they are working very hard to get up and running as soon as possible.

right now it's like we have your own private resort. we are enjoying it not being crowded. the service is great, food is mainly speciality resturants, due to the small numbers. this will increase as it gets closer to your arrival. we are enjoying our selves

del mar was hit the worst