We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Rayleigh, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
349 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets - Xcaret/Xel Ha/Xplore - Grand Xcaret Hotel

Xcaret Parks sell a Xperience Passport online at a cost of $199 which covers entrance to all three parks, inclusive.

I am staying at the Grand Xcaret Hotel and have e-mailed them without response to see if they offer this ticket at a lower price.

Is this a good offer and does anyone know if the Hotel sell this ticket, or have a secret e-mail address which the Hotel responds on ?

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets - Xcaret/Xel Ha/Xplore - Grand Xcaret Hotel

I am wondering as well as we will be staying at Xcaret in April. We intend to visit Xcaret at the discounted rate ($49?) but was wondering if there are any discounts or packages if we were interested in Xplor as well?

Can anyone with recent experience comment?

Carberry, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets - Xcaret/Xel Ha/Xplore - Grand Xcaret Hotel

we went to walmart in playa del carmen and bought passes for places and trips the cheapest. We also stayed at the xcaret and bought the $ 49 pass , but found out later that it was cheaper at wall mart if you do a couple other excursions and then get your best bang for your buck.This was just our experience we had ,I have read other reviews where it all mattered who was actually working at walmart at the time to offer you the deals. At the hotel they did not offer the park for 20 dollars to go to the park after 3.00pm just the package for 49 bucks...We found this out later that this was possible . You would still get the park for 2 hours or so and the show from 6 till 8 ...Well worth seeing. have fun

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets - Xcaret/Xel Ha/Xplore - Grand Xcaret Hotel

Thanks Chaeie69! I never would have thought to head to Walmart to purchase excursions.

I had read somewhere about the $20 after 3:00 pass as well - and we may go that routel, or even break it into 2 late afternoon visits for $40 ..

Rayleigh, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets - Xcaret/Xel Ha/Xplore - Grand Xcaret Hotel

Has anyone taken a taxi to Xel Ha from the Grand Xcaret, if so could you please advise travel time/cost, many thanks

5. Re: Tickets - Xcaret/Xel Ha/Xplore - Grand Xcaret Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 05:17