We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination wedding?

KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Destination wedding?

Anyone have any idea how much a destination wedding in the PDC area at an all-inclusive would cost?

I'm sort of just kicking around the idea... the hotel websites all seem to want you to contact them... I just want a ballpark figure.

Thanks!

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination wedding?

well if you stay at the royal you can have a free wedding! we are renewing our vows for free this friday (we leave wed.) because we booked a presidential suite. this is what their site says: When the wedding couple stays five nights or longer in a Master or Presidential suite or 20 ocean view guest suites with a minimum of 5 nights at a participating Real Resort*, the wedding package is complimentary.

the rpdc is an adults ai & 5* imo. we are celebrating our 10th anniv. & we thought the royal was perfect-they have one in cancun as well but we like the royal in playa a little more & you can't beat the location, just steps from 5th ave & use of the sister resorts as well (one is right next door)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination wedding?

Also check out Valentin Imperial Maya (www.valentinmaya.com). They have their wedding packages clearly listed and also offer a free package if booking a certain number of rooms.

It's an adults only resort, so if you were planning on having kids under 18 attend, they would have to stay at a different resort and purchase a day pass to attend your ceremony.

I got married in Mexico last June (Cabo San Lucas) so if you want a legal ceremony be sure to find out what's all required (witness info, blood work, etc.)

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination wedding?

Thanks! I would probably have at least one person under 18...

Would you say these prices are typical though? Can you really have a destination wedding for under 4K at most places?

I've been to Mexico twice but am pretty clueless about the destination wedding thing.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destination wedding?

For the moment, the Royal's check in age is 16. If you do the complimentary wedding it's free & the only other requirement is that you stay in a master or presidential suite for more than 5 nights or that your guests book 20 ocn view suites for at least 5 nights (if it were me I would choose to do the presidential suite for my wedding) I don't know how many people you may have coming as guests but they can always stay next door at the gran porto real (sister resort to the royal) if the Royal is to expensive. To answer your question about having a destination wedding for under 4k, my answer would be of coarse it's possible but I don't know what your expectations are, if you are looking to go all out & have a very fancy high end wedding w/ a lot of guests than perhaps that will out be in the 4k range but if you are looking for a nice ceremony at a luxurious 5* all adult ai resort & want you & your guests to be pampered than I would do the complementary ceremony at the rpdc & maybe do some add on's to make it even more special. good luck. HTH (we have stayed at the VIM-Valentin Imperial Maya & we loved it, that would also be a great choice for a wedding but I think the Royal may have it beat just because of it's location-just steps from 5th ave.)

Edited: 30 March 2010, 02:05
Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Destination wedding?

I just got married 4 months ago further south in the Riviera Maya area and my complete wedding for 10 guests and reception was $3000. That included everything judge, paperwork, blood tests, flowers, food, drinks, photographer, cake, romantic dinner, couple massages, and champagne. Everything was perfect and affordable.

Edited: 31 March 2010, 23:02
Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Destination wedding?

Thanks! Sounds like it is pretty affordable if we decide to go that route. The pictures always look so beautiful!

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Destination wedding?

I know of an excellent local photographer down there if you deside to get married there. He's really good and very reasonably priced.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
513 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Destination wedding?

I was married in Cozumel and it was around $1200. It was a small ceremony (only 7 guests) and the only extras I paid for with that price was the cake, flowers and photos. i didn't go all out on the floral arch, reception, etc. We just had a nice dinner afterwards.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
toronto
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Destination wedding?

@ DaBride - Can you please provide his/her info! :)

Edited: 02 April 2010, 04:05
Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Destination wedding?

I have seen that you can have a free wedding at some of the Riu Palaces - look for the info on their web-site somewhere. I only have a note about the sunset pictures - are you aware that you can not have them taken on the Riviera Maya beach incl.Cancun as the sun sets inland there. We stayed at the numerous resorts around Riviera Maya and you really should pay an attention to the setting that you can have on the beach - for example at some of the resorts there will be people in the bathing suits around everywhere esp. in the high season...I liked the setting for the wedding at the Grand Palladium resort south from PDC, they have a designated marble gazebo for the wedding on a higher rocky part of the beach so there are no other people passing by there and the pictures are very romantic looking, you should see this gazebo - I wrote a review for that resort and decided to add the picture with it for the people to see - click on my screen name to find the review...

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico