We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at the VIM......Please help

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Beach at the VIM......Please help

My husband and I are looking into going to VIM resort in May. I was wondering how is the beach at the resort. Is rocky or not? Beach is very important for us and I want to make sure that VIM has nice, not rocky, swimmable beach. Any information is greatly appreciated!

USA
Level Contributor
698 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at the VIM......Please help

The beach itself is beautiful and there's a nice non-rocky segment that's roped off for swimming. But the water is pretty wavy, so if you're looking for a tranquil swim, this may not be the best place. Also, there are plenty of loungers available but getting a place in the shade can get tricky as most are reserved by the early a.m.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at the VIM......Please help

Read the topic "Valentin VIM Towel Games - Help Stop" it will clarify the situation with the resort and its beach.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at the VIM......Please help

Thank you very much for the information!!!

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at the VIM......Please help

We just returned from our trip to the VIM. It is a beautiful resort with a wonderful staff of people.

The beach is long and beautiful with a roped off section for swimming. We actually loved the waves, but I know that not everyone does. Bocos is right though-you have to get up pretty early to get shade. There are alot of palapas on the beach, but most of them have towels claiming them pretty early.

This isn't just a VIM problem though cause if you visit the Aruba forums you'll see some of the same complaints-it's really a problem with the people I think.

We loved the VIM.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,929 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at the VIM......Please help

I had a quick question about the palapas on the beach at VIM.....sometimes at other resorts where there are chairs under palapas the shaded area moves throughout the day due to the angle of the sun......can people not just move their sun loungers to a the "newly" shaded area where people have abandoned their palapas for a few hours? We have found that sometimes the shaded area sits empty for hours with no chairs under it!

6. Re: Beach at the VIM......Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 06:23