We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
463 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

Looking to travel next month and was looking at the Iberostar Iberostar Quetzal and Tucan. Can I assume that they are right next to each other? They both get great reviews and was wondering if there are any significant differences between the two.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
741 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

I'm booked at the Iberostar Tucan later this month. As I understand it these 2 hotels are actually one hotel with 2 different sides. Sounds unusual to me too. I think they share most if not all of their facilities and you will have access to both sides. Depending on what travel company you go through they will might only offer one or the other. For example Apple will only book you a room to the Iberostar Tucan. It sounds kind of weird, but I think both sides will be equally awesome!

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
463 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

Hey thanks!!

Actually Orbitz had it as the Iberostar Quetzal and Tucan which even confused me more, not knowing if was one resort or two. However vacationstogo.com had them listed as two different resorts with different prices. The Tucan was 30.00 less for the time period we wanted to travel. Have a great trip!!!!

windsor
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

Hey there, we just got back from the Tucan side. It is really just one big resort with two different reception desks on either side of the resort. You really won't think it odd once you see it... have fun

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
463 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

Can I assume all the facilities are shared?......bars, restaurants etc

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

Yes, the two sides share all facilities including bars and restaurants.

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
463 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

Appreciate it guys!!!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
741 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

So can you tell me more about the resort? What did you like or dislike? I'm on the Tucan side, which buildings or rooms would you suggest I request? How were the restaurants? How was the beach? What did you do for fun on and off the resort?

I'm about 2 weeks away and getting very excited!!

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,792 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

Just book whichever costs less as they are basically the same resort.

For LOADS of information and maps, menus, etc., go to this site and scroll through it.

www.iberostar-board.com/boards/index.php

windsor
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

We found the Japanese restaurant to be the best , by far. The others are fine but like most resorts the buffets do tend to be repetitive. Our room was in the 1700 building which puts you right near one of the buffet restaurants and further away from the beach and pool. If you want closer to the pool area you would ask for buildings in the lower end 1600 and down.....While there, we took a taxi in to Playa twice and it cost 5 us each way. We really enjoyed the little shops and we went to Senor Frogs both nights . Not sure what you are interested in ,but I liked some of the jewellery there but it was exremely overpriced everywhere we went. The price they charge for silver is crazy, there were tables set up at the resort for few nights, where vendors are selling stuff and they seemed really overpriced and they could get somewhat pushy. On the activity side, para-sailing is 65 us, swimming with the dolphins was 150 us, renting a sea-doo was 65... If I were to go again I would exchange money to pesos as it seemed that their exchange rate was different all the time. The spa charges about 135us for a 50 minuted massage but we had one the the spa people give us one on the beach (kinda under the table type thing) for 10us.....One thing I know for sure is that you will love the surroundings , the landscape is beautiful, the jungle, waterfalls, and animals make for a very unique experience. My one piece of advice though is , we had a suitcase ransacked coming into the Cancun airport and jewellery was stolen out of it , and 2 suitcases on the way out so keep any type of valuables in your carry-on..Have fun.

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
463 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need alittle help with some Iberostar resorts

Thanks for all that info!! The jungle atmosphere is one thing that really attracted us to this resort. We've stayed at the Catalonia Royal Tulum twice which has that same jungle thing, but a smaller resort, and alittle more isolated. We love it there but just wanted to try something else this time. Are reservations required and is there a dress code for men?