We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Paraiso Maya Not worth It

ny ny
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Paraiso Maya Not worth It

I just got back from Iberostar Maya with my family. I love the location near Playa Del Carmen. the weather was fantastic and the resort is near the airport. We have three boys and don't mind a big, loud resort with lots of kids. But it was impossible to find a lounge chair on the beach after 6:30 am, and by the pool after 7:30 am. the resort was packed with what looked like the cast from THE JERSEY SHORE. (Maybe they are trying it out as their new destination).

There have got to be better family all inclusives in this area. I'd love to know if anyone has found the right one. Feel free to contact me about the resort if you want more insight. I was really disappointed.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya Not worth It

we were just at the IB Tucan the week of 3/20 -- never had a problem getting a beach chair with palapa, even after 8am -- same at the pool....and I'm sure they were at capacity (spring break time).

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya Not worth It

That's strange...I've been at the IB Paraiso complex when they were at 100% capacity and never had an issue finding chairs on the beach at any hour. In fact they would bring chairs out for people if there was an issue.

The pool did tend to fill up earlier, but still never an issue finding chairs. They may not be in the exact spot we wanted, but they were available.

YOu were there during spring break and even though the IB has policies to keep out "spring breakers" they can't control the type of people who come to the resorts. Neither can anyone else. Loud, obnoxious people can be found at even the highest caliber resort.

Sorry this was an issue for you.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya Not worth It

Other than that you didn't like the other guests, you didn't really say much as to why you didn't like the resort. I look forward to reading your review of the resort itself when you post it in the review section.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya Not worth It

This one reason we avoid Spring break In MX

State College...
Level Contributor
177 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya Not worth It

MadMaya..i was thinking the same thing...this really doesn't say much about why they didn't like it..nothing about food, entertainment, weather, beach condition...dont say you dont like the resort because you dont like the people there..

When I see reviews like this it reminds me of something I heard from one of our friends --you make out of your vacation what you put into it.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya Not worth It

Anyone who's done research for their trip would know that, this time of year, all the resorts have serious towel games. and it is spring break time.

Barcelo could have been a better choice.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya Not worth It

According to the unoffial board, Barcelo is once again having "spring breaker" problems.

8. Re: Iberostar Paraiso Maya Not worth It

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 06:18