We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oswego, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

Has anyone done a 6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13 ? There are a few adult only hotels in that area, but does anyone know if apple sends people to the Aventura Spa Palace, Iberostar Grand or Valenten Imperial Maya ? Or do they strictly send you to the Secrets properties ? What is the best anyone has received ?

We just booked our trip for May 17th 2010

Maryland
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

I don't know but, I think they are all nice resorts.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

Chances are it'll be one of the Secrets properties. The parent company of Apple also owns Secrets.

Oswego, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

The Only thing that worries me is the beach, we are big beach people and heard that the Secrets Silver Sands has a bad beach. If we complain would they move us or are we stuck ??

Minnesota
Level Contributor
831 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

I would think you would be stuck at the palce they send you, but it couldn't hurt to ask your agent or wholesale company what your options would be before you book.

SMB and Capri are normally sold out long before SSS. The next two weeks SMB and Capri are sold out, while SSS still has about 50% availability. Most people booking the secrets square deal are being booked at SSS because Apple is not even selling out the blocks they buy at SSS, so it's a way to sell the remaining rooms.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
381 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

We booked the same deal for June 19-26 and we are also now worried about getting SSS. I wouldn't mind any other place but you are right that the beach doesn't seem too great.

I have done a lot of Googling about this subject and from what little info is out there about the Adults Only 6 Apple Deal, it seems like most people have gotten a Secrets property, probably more have gotten SSS than the other two.

From what I've read, you can move but you may have to pay a lot more money to move. I think where you wind up all depends on which hotels are booked/not booked for that week. Let's just hope someone books a huge wedding at SSS the weeks we are going! ;)

Good luck. Let us know where you wind up staying! I'm sure it'll be fun no matter where you wind up.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

Hi all yes you may get SSS and yes the beach there isnt the greatest.I was there last Oct loved it!!!If you walk to the north on the beach about 15min you will find a beautiful section where you can swim no rocks and its clear water no seaweed.The rooms are huge.Have fun whereever they send you.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
381 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

Hi Tamwalt.

Thanks for the tip about the "nicer" beach! That makes me feel much better about SSS. :)

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

Also one more tip if you use the jacczis in the rooms let the water run for a while ,it takes a whlie for it to not to come out rusty.they are not used to often and they are copper pipes so the water comes out rusty.

Dallas
Level Contributor
154 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

My wife and I are going on one of the deal on 4/26-4/29. I would take any Secrets Resort. We stayed at Maroma last year for our Honeymoon and it was incredible, but the price is right for the 6 sq deal now. I was wondering about the Valentin or Avenutura Spa Palace?

Toronto
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Riviera Maya # 13

I did a square deal and got SSS last month - and I can't believe people are scared to be placed there!! I would do anything (ANYTHING) to go back!! Don't be scared, if you end up there, you'll have a great time.