We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi to bus station

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
calgary, AB
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
taxi to bus station

Anyone know how much it costs to get a taxi or collectivo from the airport to the bus station downtown Cancun?

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi to bus station

You might get a better answer posting on the Cancum forum. Not sure if you can catch a collectivo at the airport.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,699 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi to bus station

Really , you cant get a taxi or collectivo from the airport . You can book a private transfer or take a shared van. I prefer to use the ADO bus. Safe and comfortable at 42 pesos -- depart approx every 30 minutes and take 30 minutes to the Cancun ADO terminal.

calgary, AB
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi to bus station

So there will be an ADO bus outside the airport? Where do I buy a ticket?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,699 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi to bus station

I am not sure of which terminal you are using since you did not mention it but you will find a departure area for ADO buses outside terminals 2 and 3. They also have ticket booths inside each terminal or you can buy the tickets at the bus . (if you need ongoing tickets from Cancun, you can also purchase those at the booth) If you dont see it, just ask for ADO. (beware that some selling other forms of transportation may try to tell you that ADO doesnt exist !)

calgary, AB
Level Contributor
215 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi to bus station

I've been to Playa before but stayed a night in cancun before heading off..just trying to find the best way around it. Thank you for the info, I'm not booked yet so I don't know what terminal but I know which ones to head to now. If I want to go straight to Playa can I take the ADO straight from the airport?

6. Re: taxi to bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2010, 07:19