We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distances on 5th Avenue

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Distances on 5th Avenue

How long will it take me to walk south on 5th Avenue from Calle 38 to Benito Juarez, at a leisurely pace? How far is this in miles? What section of 5th Avenue is the high-profile, high-tourist, high-interest area?

Ontario
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distances on 5th Avenue

We did a very leisurely pace more so cuz we kept ducking in and out of the downpours and it took us two hours (that included making some purchases but no lunch).

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distances on 5th Avenue

My handy Map Chick map of downtown Playa says the distance from Jaurez to Constituyentes is .6 miles or a 14-15 minute walk. Calle 38 is about another 1/4 mile more so, so figure a little less than a mile total and about a 25 minute walk, depending on your pace. That sounds about right I think cause one year we stayed off of Calle 34 and walked it often and it sounds like the right distance (roughly).

This presumes you are walking straight thru and not stopping to shop, drink or eat...then all bets are off.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distances on 5th Avenue

I live in Playa, 20-25 minutes tops sounds right if you don't stop, even if you are not walking too fast.

Pueblo Colorado
Level Contributor
131 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distances on 5th Avenue

This website has an awesome interactive map.....Hope it helps..

intheroo.com

Ontario
Level Contributor
340 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distances on 5th Avenue

As I said we were walking very slow and stopping frequently. Plus because of the monsoon type weather we wasted lots of time waiting under overhangs to stay dry. If we were walking at a normal pace without stopping I would think 1/2 hour would be about right :)

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,202 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distances on 5th Avenue

From the ferry pier just south of Juarez to Grand Coco Bay (which is the furthest north resort....approximately calle 38-40-42 or so.... .. I'm not really sure how they are numbered down there) took me 25 minutes on the beach. Walking on the street would be quicker. From the ferry pier to Sandos Playacar took me about 40 minutes along the beach if anyone is interested in that distance.

7. Re: Distances on 5th Avenue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2010, 06:23