We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anxious before vacation

buffalo ny
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anxious before vacation

Does anyone stress before going on vacation? Not sure why but I start worrying about everything and anything, call me crazy...

Portland, TX
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anxious before vacation

I get anxious too! I already am and still have 3 weeks to go! Just remember it's supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable! Look forward to that margartia in hand while soaking up the sun next to that beautiful turquoise water....ahhh...I can already take a deep breath just reminding myself of that!

Maryland
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anxious before vacation

I do the same thing. I worry that something is going to go wrong beforehand and that I will have to cancel the trip. Three weeks before our last trip my husband tore his calf muscle and was in a removable cast and using crutches. Luckily he is a fast healer and we just did less activities than we normally do while on vacation.

Northern Ontario
Level Contributor
302 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anxious before vacation

Before we go on holidays, people keep asking, aren't you getting excited? The thing is, I get more anxious then excited. Like you, a hundred things go through my head. It helps to make a list. The good thing is that when I get on the plane I am fine. When I am on holidays I don't even think about back home. Happy travels.

rochester
Level Contributor
515 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anxious before vacation

Yeh I'm the same,worry about everything.I have to clean the housetop to bottem,change the bed etc,leave notes everywhere for my son.(put the rubbish out,dont forget his key,water the plants).

But once I'm on the plane I can relax.Aaaah.........lol.

Oops nearly forgot,do shopping for my poor old mum!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,795 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anxious before vacation

Yes, I get anxious before every trip and the night before, my stomach is usually in knots. Then once the plane is in the air, I start to relax and once we land and make it to the hotel, and then I see the beach, that "ahhhh" feeling comes over me and that when vacation begins.

Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anxious before vacation

I get really excited. Im not going till sept. though. I have a long wait to start getting excited.

saint louis
Level Contributor
306 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anxious before vacation

I think most people get that way before a trip. After you go through customs in Cancun and get the transfer straight, get a beer at the stand and relax!! Your officially on vaca.

buffalo ny
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anxious before vacation

Glad to see it's just not me...It makes me crazy..me too clean the house top to bottom (not sure why kids mess it up) worry that the kids will forget about the dogs..what if someone gets sick , did I forget anything? ...and on, and on... once i get there it takes me a couple days to finally relax .3 days to go...

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
733 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anxious before vacation

I'm a nervous wreck! I worry about getting to the airport, getting on the plane.... I worry if I remembered to pack everything? I worry that I packed too much!

I worry will we like the resort and I worry is my family having a good time?

While there, I may worry about my home, did I water the plants? Shut the fridge tight and shut off the oven? Oh no! Did I lock the doors??

By the end of our vacation I'll worry about getting back to the airport, and gee, I hope we didn't forget anything at the hotel!!

By now, and with all this worry, I am seriously worn out! I need a vacation! ( and a tequila shooter)

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anxious before vacation

you are crazy