We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xplor?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Xplor?

Is Xplor new? Where is it located and they say clollectivos go there? Also do the collectivos go there from the Grand Palladium?

Is it a MUST DO? Can you get a discount for a group?

Having been on here since 2006 I haven't heard of this place.

Thanks for info in advance!!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xplor?

Do a forum search for Xplor. It is mentioned often.

Also see Xplor.travel

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xplor?

This is where I am dying to go. OMW, it looks like so much fun. $99 per person all inclusive. I just did a search and read some of the reviews....all really good.

A friend of mind went there in March for Spring Break (by herself) and she said, it was the best excursion she's ever done.

Trying to talk hubby into it. He's a baby about doing 'dangerous' stuff like this, out of the country. lol

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xplor?

Thank you, I did see all about it. I was just wondering if the park was NEW or did I just miss it all these yrs?

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,815 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xplor?

Xplor opened the latter part of 2009. It's next to Xcaret and the entrance is right next to the Federal Hwy making it especially convienent to take the colectivo. 30 pesos per person on the colectivo.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,815 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xplor?

Roostergirl- they do everything in Xplor's power to make it super safe. After every zip line they talk to you to make sure you are doing OK, and you are always tethered on the towers. They use a double line up above and they have automatic brakes. They tell you to bring a beach towel, but not really necessary, maybe 1 for your group. They have nice lockers, dressing rooms, showers etc. Don't take your helmut off, lots of places to bump your head.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xplor?

Thank you OT! Did you have a blast? My hubby is more of the Xel-Ha type, which is strange considering he used to do Strong Man competitions. Go figure! LOL!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xplor?

Ok I see.....we haven't been to the area since 2007 and I must have missed it on the site here. I may consider it but we do not have a long time this time when we come so I will have to see. Thanks!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Xplor?

Expect to spend the day at Xplor - there is so much to do. I would not say that it is dangerous as long as you stay on the paths and don't stray. There were 4 of us (all adults) and we all said that we would not hesitate to return to Xplor. It is great value since you get to do many different activities mostly at your own pace. I thought it was so professionally set up that it reminded me of a Disney park.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Xplor?

We're thinking of going to Xplor as well. My 9 year old granddaughter is coming on this trip this time and was wondering if she would be too young to do the ziplines.

Texas
Level Contributor
470 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xplor?

I have heard it is a MUST do. I have not read one bad review or anyone who said they did not have a good time. We are staying at the Grand Xcaret in July, the same company owns XPlor and Xcaret, and if you stay at the hotel you can buy tickets for $70.