We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Iberostar Tucan.. Questions?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back from Iberostar Tucan.. Questions?

I also have a review on the hotel in the review section.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from Iberostar Tucan.. Questions?

Is there a problem with the beach erosion? as i am intending to go back in october as I visited 2 years ago and really enjoyed it

Gilbert, Arizona
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from Iberostar Tucan.. Questions?

Im actually packing to leave for Iberostar Quetzal/Tucan early in the morning...I've read some reviews about people bringing pool flooties, did you see many people with flooties in the pool? Would you recommend it? Any other packing tips or suggestions would be great!

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back from Iberostar Tucan.. Questions?

We are leaving next Friday (in 5 days) and don't have a room booked anywhere yet because we can't make a decision. Now we are ready to book at Tucan. We have 2 boys aged 2 yrs and 6 yrs old. Any recommendation which building, floor, room type to request. Really need some advice today since I'm going to book sometime today. The forum here seems to like this facility and the rate is pretty high but I'm a little bit worry because reviews lately on tucan are not very good. But still the rate is higher than other resorts that have consistent good reviews.

Do they only have 2 types of rooms? Standard and Jr Suite Ocean View. I don't think we can afford Ocean view since the price is more than double. I'm trying to get standard room King size bed so our boys can sleep in the middle. Please let me know what location you prefer and why. Thanks in advance!!

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back from Iberostar Tucan.. Questions?

Kan555: We were there a month ago and I would suggest getting a room on the second floor. I tappeared as theough teh peacocks had no problem getting onthe terraces of the first story rooms and they would then become fascinated with their reflection in the sliding glass doors. That might be a bit of a fright for a 2 year old, OTOH maybe your kids would like it :-)

We were on the Quetzal side in building 24, which was a relatively short walk to the pool and beach.

Your kids will have fun with the Star Friends, they always had lots of kid friendly activities at the pool every day.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back from Iberostar Tucan.. Questions?

I agree with the 2nd floor suggestion, the peacocks were very "friendly". We were on the 3rd floor as requested but our kids are older and the stairs may be too tiring for your little guy. We were at the resort in mid April, really enjoyed ourselves, don't worry about the couple of recent reviews!

As to pool floaties, we did take two inflatable rafts that the dive shop blew up for us. We always take them but didn't use them very often this time for some reason. We always just give them to a family when we are leaving.

We were on the Quetzal side, building 23, great location, very close to the pool, not too far from the lobby.

Portland, TX
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back from Iberostar Tucan.. Questions?

I can't seem to find the review you wrote on the Iberostar Tucan/ Quetzal?

We leave for the resort on May 29th!!!!!!! Can't wait!

7. Re: Just got back from Iberostar Tucan.. Questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 06:17