We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin Imperial ?'s

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Valentin Imperial ?'s

I've searched these topics but wanted some answers from recent travelers. Went to the Grand last December so we'll see how it compares to the Valentin. What beers do they have in room and in bars, should we bring bug repellant, what restaurants will I need long pants for, and any tips are appreciated. My wife and I are booked for June 3 to 10th, we are very easy to please, always tip, and appreciate how hard the employees work. Thanks for any replies.

Plainwell, Michigan
Level Contributor
836 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin Imperial ?'s

We,too, have been to the Iberostar GRAND and are now going to VIM 6/17- 6/24. Of all of the resorts that we've traveled to............ NOTHING compared to the GRAND, so far for us in my opinion.

We are looking forward to a relaxing, fun in the sun vacation. STRESS free. We know we'll get it at the VIM but we'll see how the quality of room and amenities compare.

Have a GREAT trip!!!!

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin Imperial ?'s

O.K. about the beer, Dos XX and Coors Light in bars, I don't even remember what they had in the room. When I was there in Dec.09 I brought bug repellant but did not use, but I guess you should bring it. All restaurants for dinner are a la carte and they require long pants, even though they do not enforce the rule, except in the French restaurant.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin Imperial ?'s

They also have Tecate in the room and bars. I also read that they have Sol at the swim up bar. What's nice is they have coolers with beer and water placed near the swim up bar and beach entrance so you don't have to wait to be served. I'd suggest bringing along a coozie to keep your beer cool.

We haven't stayed at the Grand, but in my opinion the rooms are beautiful. The golden suites are quite large with a good size bathroom and huge walk in shower.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentin Imperial ?'s

I did not remember the beer in the room because I never drank it, the little fridge did not keep the temperature very cold.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentin Imperial ?'s

About the beer fridges at the AIs. We have always found that they are not really cold at any of them. And you are right sig, VIM is no exception.

Hubby figures its because the fridges are all kept in small cupboards so they are fighting with themselves to keep things cold as the cupboards hold in the heat. We fill the ice bucket and dunk the beers in there so they are nice and chilled.

For a tip - we found the small flashlight we brought with us came in handy. The paths are nice a wide at the resort but some portions not so well lit so used the flashlight a couple of times.

Have a great stay.

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentin Imperial ?'s

I loved the Valentin, but I still think that the Grand is nicer, so you just have to remember this when you go. Try not to compare and appreciate some of the differences.

Don't recall what was in the fridge as I don't think I used anything except water. The food is very good and no reservations are required. Loved the appetizers at the Japanese, the location of the steakhouse, the elegance of the French, but the Italian was my favorite. I also really enjoyed the Mexican Fiesta day (I think it was Wednes.) in the courtyard. The food was very good and the churros with caramel for dessert were yummy!

They came around with bottled water around the main pool in the afternoon as well as chicken satays, which was a nice touch.

This hotel is very beautiful and what I liked most was that it's different than many of the other resorts.

If you are lucky enough to have a swim-up suite, like I did, you will love it!

venlo nederlands
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentin Imperial ?'s

for travelinjan,we stayed also at the iberostar grand paraiso a top notch resort,but this june we choose the VIM for our 13 anniverseray , we are arriving at the vim the 23-0,witch date are you there?/?

Plainwell, Michigan
Level Contributor
836 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentin Imperial ?'s

snoebel...............we'll be at the VIM from June 17-24. I'll be the one in the sun laying on my "wild" watermelon towel. I'm the one that will be playing the "towel game" IN THE FULL SUN!!!!!! (jk) haha

Have a WONDERFUL vacation!!!!!!!!!!

MA
Level Contributor
432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Valentin Imperial ?'s

There is also a dark beer that is very good! I can't remeber which beer company it is from...maybe mordello???

Richmond
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Valentin Imperial ?'s

Thanks for the responses. I do not expect the VMI to be as nice as the Grand, however we will have a great time. We are easy to please. I will not be going to the French because I cannot stand long pants on a tropical vacation. Thanks for the help.