We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Tucan Hotel - dress code for men

Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Tucan Hotel - dress code for men

My partner and I are going to the Tucan on the 21st - can not wait!!

It is our first vist to Mexico and was wondering if is OK for men to ware shorts in the main buffett restaurant?

Also what is the best currency to use for tipping? I have read that its best to use Peso in the shops in Playa del Carman - do you agree?

Thanks for your help

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Tucan Hotel - dress code for men

Pretty much anything goes in the buffet restauarants so, yeah, shorts are fine.

Depending on the ala carte, long pants may be required. We only ate at one ala carte (Tropical) and I wore long pants but other guys were dressed in shorts.

As for tipping, I have been to Mexico 5-6 times and have tipped in Pesos and dollars. No one has ever turned down a tip regardless of the currency.

The only thing I wouldn't tip with are U.S. coins...tip with the currency you have.

We stayed ont he Quetzal side in April (Quetzal and Tucan are on resort each a mirror imageof the other) here is my review:

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Tucan Hotel - dress code for men

Thanks so much for your reply, my partner does prefer to be very casual on holiday so its a real relief - roll on the 21st

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Tucan Hotel - dress code for men

Open air a la cartes (i.e. those by the beach which double as lunch buffet) allow shorts. The others which request long trousers are enclosed and air conditioned so at least not uncomfortable!

You'll have a blast, it's a lovely resort.

South Burlington...
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Tucan Hotel - dress code for men

Hello we are looking at this resort for May of 2011. Is there a buffett restaurant that is air conditioned?

Green Oaks, Illinois
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Tucan Hotel - dress code for men

They have two buffets, one on the Tucan side and one on the Quetzal side : neither are air-conditioned.

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Tucan Hotel - dress code for men

There are also breakfast & lunch buffets near the pool/beach. Neither are air conditioned. I don't recall being uncomfortable in any of the buffets but I am not a big air conditioning guy....

7. Re: Iberostar Tucan Hotel - dress code for men

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2011, 05:15