We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favorite AI "brand"?

kansas
Level Contributor
236 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Your favorite AI "brand"?

What is your favorite brand: Palace, Iberostar, Barcelo, Riu, or Dreams and why?

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your favorite AI "brand"?

Grand Velas is great.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your favorite AI "brand"?

So far in Mexico:

Royal (PDC) Wow service and quality.

H10 (Ocean Maya) Great value

Elsewhere;

Divi Aruba. Feels like home.

Occidental Aruba. Food and quality in general.

SuperClubs(various locations.) Hit or miss.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your favorite AI "brand"?

> Real Resorts - Specifically, Gran Porto Real is PDC is a very good family resort and their 'Royal' hotels are just WOW - excellent service, fine cuisine at all restaurants, no towel cards.

> Dreams - usually out of the way and don't need bracelets or reservations for a la carte restaurants.

> Barcelo - I like their smaller resorts (not their mega ones) which are usually all suites.

We have also been to many no-name brands and like them too. We tend to chose smaller properties/resorts. You generally get more personal service because the staff recognize you and remember your name and what you like. Good service and friendly/competent staff have a big part in making your holiday a great one.

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your favorite AI "brand"?

We like Decameron a whole lot, great service, good food and beautiful location...

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your favorite AI "brand"?

Saw your post title and was thinking Dos Equis...

Boylston...
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your favorite AI "brand"?

We definitely like the Iberostar the best. We've been to several others (Riu's, Allegros, Viva's and so many others) but now we keep going back to Iberostar Quetzal. Most of all, we love the people there. We have never had a bad experience with any of the workers in eight visits. We love the jungle with all the animals, and the beach is awesome. The main pool is huge and I love that there's a separate pool for sports and an adults only swim up bar pool. The food is good, the rooms are clean and the grounds are incredible. What more can you ask for?

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your favorite AI "brand"?

I have to say that although the brand gives you some overall understanding as what to expect at the resort as they have common perks between them, but the resorts inside of the chain might be very different. For example Dreams resort in PV is awesome and Dreams resort in Puerto Aventuras is just so-so, Palladium resort in PA is awesome and Palladium resort in Nuevo Vallarta (Punta Mita to be exact) is less then good, Barcelo resort in PA is awesome and Barcelo resort in Huatulco is just good (but not awesome, may be just yet as it was formed recently on a base of the resort they bought). I've heard that some people think that Riu's chain is not good, but Riu Tequila in Playacar and Riu Jalisco in Nuevo Vallarta are very good and Riu's in Puerto Plata are just mediocre.

Llandudno U.K.
Level Contributor
156 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your favorite AI "brand"?

"Saw your post title and was thinking Dos Equis..."

A man after my own heart Ron. Me too. :-)

Berwyn

kansas
Level Contributor
236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your favorite AI "brand"?

Thanks for all your contributions! I will keep them in mind as I begin planning for a Feb. trip. Thanks

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your favorite AI "brand"?

I think you should not focus so much on the brand but rather what you are looking for, the size of resort you like, the location, the types of restaurant/dinning offered, entertainment, beach, pool, and whatever else you may be looking for. The brand is not part of my wish list.