We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

venlo nederlands
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

i just want all my TA friends to know that i just came back from 2 days at the hospital. i have a siriously back problem. for the next 2 weeks only resting a little walk aroung the park, some diazepan and 3 times a day strong pain killers. after that fysiotherapy and hooping it wil get beter.so i had to cancel my lovely trip to the VIM i was looking forward to it the last of couples months. i will be folowing this side to see wants going on at the vim and hoping that all you fellow travelers who are going to the beautiful riviera maya and the vim have a great holiday keep on traveling have fuuuuun and relaxxxx but for all keep on healthy xxxxx jean and domenico

Plainwell, Michigan
Level Contributor
836 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

BUMMER Jean!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get well!!!!!!!!!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,616 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

How disappointing - I could tell by your enthusiasm that you were really looking forward to your holiday.

Get your rest and start planning your next vacation.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,625 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

Aww Jean, that's such a shame.

Get well soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
166 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

Just do what your Doc tells you. Get well, get strong, and look forward to future trips when you're healthy. In the short term live vicariously through your friends on TA. Wishing you well

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,933 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

Very sorry to hear this news because I know how much you were looking forward to your trip.

Get well soon!

Don't worry the VIM will still be there in the future and you can go another time when you are better!

League City, Texas
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

Hope you are better and planning a new trip soon. I also had to cancel my vacation a few weeks ago but am fortuante to be leaving this Saturday. Take care of yourself.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

So sorry to hear - I know from all your posts how much you were looking forward to this trip. I had to cancel a trip to Vegas last year with my girlfriends that we'd been planning for a long time (was actually to celebrate our 25-year friendship) due to tragic events in my family, so I can certainly understand your disappointment . Best wishes for a speedy recovery and hope that you do make it to the VIM when you're healthy again.

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

sorry to hear about that Jean,I had to cancel our trip tp CPM June 9th to the 14th.I got called back to work...Good thing i had the INSURANCE>>>We will go with our son in late Dec to early Jan...

venlo nederlands
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

thank you al for your kind words,we will defently visiting the vim in the furture, dont know when it wil be,glad we have also our INSURANCE,so thank you again and happy traveling everybody, relax ,have funnnn and forall keep on HEALTY,xxx jeanne and domenico

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: canceling my lovely trip to the VIM

That is just horrible and I feel your sadness, and your pain as I have had some major back problems as well, and they are NOT FUN!!!!

Best thing for you is to do exactly what your doctor says. You WILL get better, and you WILL get back to the VIM....only this time you will enjoy it and appreciate even more than had you gone now!!!!

That's something to look forward to huh?

Take care!!!!