We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIM bar service

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greenwich...
Level Contributor
347 posts
1 review
Save Topic
VIM bar service

Does the VIM offer bar service at the beach and how many bars are actually located ON the beach? How about service by the pools? And does anyone know what kind of liquor is offerend in the in-room mini bar? Thanks!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIM bar service

When you walk to the beach down the main path, there is one bar on the left right before you get on the beach. There are a couple of coolers filled with cans of beer and bottled water on the beach. '

There are servers that walk the beach and around the pools for drink service.

There are no minibars in the rooms. The rooms have a minifridge with cans of beer, bottled water, soda and juice. No liquor.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIM bar service

If I counted right there are 3 beach bars, and the in-room mini bar in a standard jr. suite does not offer any liquor, except soda, water and beer.

I don't know about the other rooms.

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
347 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: VIM bar service

thank you! I thought I read in the description of the room it said minibar! And I am SO happy and excited to hear that they have beach waiter bar service! And is the drink service at all the pools?

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIM bar service

Yes there is. One thing I can tell you you won't go 'thirsty'. Drinks at VIM flow freely. The one thing VIM does not lack is booze. If you want some top shelf liquor ask the bartender, otherwise you will get some unamed brand.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIM bar service

Also to add, the servers on the beach work hard and will get you whatever you want on a timely basis, no need to get you lazy but even up though you certainly want to go in the water. Also tell them if you want a double triple whatever, no problem, enjoy

ohio
Level Contributor
93 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIM bar service

Loved the beer and water in the self-serve coolers. They keep the good liquor hidden and the the good tequila chilled. The bar staff was great!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIM bar service

If you're a beer drinker, remember to take along a coozie, the beer is served in cans. We had so many people asking where we got ours. The gift shop at the resort DOES NOT sell them.

Houston Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: VIM bar service

So there is no keg beer? All cans ? NO 6 or 8oz mini cups? I can't believe it, that's great. Does anyone know what kind of beer they have?

Stephen

Plainwell, Michigan
Level Contributor
836 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VIM bar service

The beer in tubs on ice is in cans~ Coors Light, Tecate, and Dos Equis Beer.

The beer at the bars are in kegs and cans are offered too for some brands.

I, too, second the use of the can holder(s.) We also brought our Bubba kegs too.

Happy travels!! You'll love the VIM!!

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
347 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: VIM bar service

thank you all for the imput....im happy to hear that you all like it here considering the reviews have been horrible lately..I am so nervous and have even considered changing the reservations!! lol but thanks! :)