We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

So, our resort offers no real glasses(glass or hard plastic). I understand that they only use the thin flimsy 8oz plastic cups.

So, during the day, should I Bubba Keg it or not? I kind of think they look a little tacky....but I guess I could always get the small one, right?

Sorry in advance, I know this topic has been brought up a million times before, but I am just undecided. I'm sure my husband would hate the idea of it...well, then again, he hates drinking out of plastic! I guess it will be a long 9 days for him then !

Thanks!

Chelsea, MI
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

Who cares..you will never see these people again. It is worth it to bring the Bubba for two reasons.....it's going to keep your drink cold and it saves a zillion trips to the bar. Not that I'm a lazy person but any break from reality reminds us that vacation can be a beauitful thing :D

Ewing, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

No question...........Go with Bubba!! We have been bringing our 20 oz'rs for years now. I've seen others with the 52 oz'rs and they do indeed look way too big. Bring em and Have a Great Vacation!!!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,836 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

we have small 20 oz for drinks (not bubbas) and a large 52 oz bubba for water and ice

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
290 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

I think it is more smart than tacky. It is soo hot that even the small glasses they give get hot before I can finish them. It is much less wasteful as you don't have to poor out the hot drink to get a fresh one. Also saves you and the bartender time and effort. So, absolutely YES. We don't leave home without them.

texas
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

It's a little tacky but who cares. I say bubba otherwise your drinks melt before you can get back to your chair with them.

washington
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

Who cares what other people think!

They work, keep the drinks cold, and are a great conversation starter!!!!!!

Go Bubba Keg!

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

It is not tacky @ all, it's very smart actually. You will prepared & others will envy you, believe me, they will make positive comments as well, wishing they had done the same. Tell your husband that you will be helping the environment too by not using all of those plastic cups, so no worries take your Bubba Keg & enjoy!

Toronto
Level Contributor
92 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

Everyone uses the insulated mugs and the bartenders don't mind at all. So there's no shame. As well as saving multiple bar visits and keeping your drink cold, the lid will keep the sand out and save the day if your mug tips over (which it will). If you use a tumbler (i.e. no handle) you can store it in the bottle sleeve of a backpack and keep your drink with you for long walks.

San Diego
Level Contributor
524 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

Tanya - you will be surprised how many people bring their Bubbas or other containers. Each person has their own color so no mix up in drinks, save the enviroment from those nasty plastic cups! We just ordered the new half gallon picture (sp) it has a lock top and a spout - got an announcement email from Bubba last week, had to buy it. Already used it at a BBQ, kept our drinks cold for hours - everyone asked - "where did you get that thing"? We will be taking to Cancun next year for our Margaritas :) Have fun, who really cares about your drink holder????

SD

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To Bubba or Not to Bubba....That is the question!

Looks like Bubba wins! Thanks for the feedback....