We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about the Valentin Imperial Maya

Is there laundry service available?

Dress code?

I have emailed the resort twice now with questions and unfortunately have not received a response.

Anyone out there going during August 5-10? We are looking forward to our trip even despite some of the negative feedback. We are typically easy going and happy to be away without our kids!! LOL:)

Thanks!

Salem, Illinois
Level Contributor
122 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about the Valentin Imperial Maya

See my post. We just returned yesterday. It was fabulous. Ask away!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about the Valentin Imperial Maya

could not find ur post

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,155 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about the Valentin Imperial Maya

Yes, there's a laundry service (but I think it might be expensive; they usually are).

Yes, there's a dress code. Here's a link to the VIM's own website which sets out what that code is at each restaurant - http://www.valentinmaya.com/gastronomy.htm

However, based upon my personal observations when I was there about 10 months ago and comments on these forums, the enforcement of the dress code by the resort can be a bit erratic.

HTH

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about the Valentin Imperial Maya

Regarding dress code.....having been back just over a week now....

Only in the French are you required to wear pants for men.

Otherwise, anything pretty much goes. I enjoy getting dressed up for dinner and felt like I needed to dress down to fit in......although it is nice to be comfortable I guess.

Men going into the restaurants in cargo shorts, t-shirts with logos AND baseball hats turned backwards.....and there was more than one guy like that. Girls dressed nicely but also girls dressed in cotton sundresses that looked more like coverups.....even saw girls with their bathingsuits still underneath (maybe planning on hitting the pool for a swim afterwards?)

Much different from back in Jan 2009 when people actually dressed up a bit - high heel sandals, nicer dresses, etc.

Dress code in summary is very casual

5. Re: Questions about the Valentin Imperial Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2011, 08:56