We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mi Hotelito at EDM

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Mi Hotelito at EDM

How do the Mi Hotelito rooms differ from the others at EDM? They are much cheaper than the others but the website says they are beachfront. I would think you would be paying a premium price for beachfront. I am wondering what they are lacking!

Timmins, ON
Level Contributor
351 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mi Hotelito at EDM

They are older and you do not have a swim-up room, nor an infinity pool on your balcony.

Lee's Summit...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mi Hotelito at EDM

OK, my first post and I must appoligize for jumping in on someonelses question but I am also interested in the EDM.

Are there any other reasons not to choose the Mi Hotelito rooms?

We would pay extra NOT to have a swim up room or infinity pool...much more interested in the beach.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
158 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mi Hotelito at EDM

My wife and I have stayed at both the Infinity and Mi Hotelito. The Infinity rooms are newer. They have a splash pool on each rooms balcony. Problem with the splash pools is that the sun never gets a chance to warm the water. It is freezing! our entire stay, I did not notice a single person using their splash pools.

Personally we preferred, and moved to the Mi Hotelito section. There is a nice pool in front of the rooms. The balconies are more private, and it has a more rustic feel to it. I did not like the Infinity section at all.

If you would like to know more, just ask.

Lee's Summit...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mi Hotelito at EDM

The pics on the EDM site would leave you to believe the Mi Hotelito rooms have patios right on the beach, but I get the feeling this is not actually the case.

Can you describe the Mi Hotelito buildings a little more please?

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mi Hotelito at EDM

No worries for jumping in Skruffy..I have the same questions you do! I prefer NOT to be in a swim up because I do not like to be on a ground floor. The infinity pools sounded kind of cool but I was afraid that they would be freezing.

Are the Mi Hotelito rooms beachfront or at least ocean view? Do they have updated amenities (flat screen tv / wifi?)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
158 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mi Hotelito at EDM

The Mi Hotelito rooms are not right on the beach as a photo might suggest. They are very close however. There is a very nice pool directly in front of the rooms. The beach cant be but 150 feet or so from the rooms.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,417 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mi Hotelito at EDM

We have stayed in a Mi Hotelito room once and the swim up twice...and will be staying in a Mi Hotelito room again in September. The MH rooms are smaller than the others, but still plenty room and a bit more rustic feeling. They have a wonderfully comfy king sized bed, 2 bed side tables, an armoire with a TV and mini bar, and a desk (if my memory serves me correctly). Yes the TV is a flat screen. I think there is a small table and 2 chairs in the room (but definitely one out on the balcony/patio plus a queen sized bed). There is one shower and one sink in the bathroom. The infinity pool block (the newer block) has the same sized bed and bed side tables, desk, a chest of drawers that also contains the mini bar and the flat screen tv on top (it is counter height), 2 small sofas, a small table and 2 chairs, 2 showers (one being outside), 2 sinks, 2 person jacuzzi and a balcony with a queen sized bed and a couple of chairs. The rooms are fairly modern and not very "Mexican" feeling.

The Mi Hotelito rooms don't walk directly out to the beach and some of the balconies have the view a bit blocked due to the new coconut palms that have been planted (Senor Martinez loves coconut palms so there are tons around the resort) and until they grow more the views will be somewhat blocked. As was mentioned previously, they MH rooms surround the swim up bar 24 which is usually a bit quieter than the main pool. Personally we will always book an MH room instead of any other for a few reasons: 1) we like the bit more rustic/Mexican feeling of the MH rooms; 2) we just aren't in our room enough to justify the extra $ and 3)you get the same great service no matter what kind of room you book!

I do have an overhead picture of the resort (before the beach restaurant was built) with things labled and you can see how it is laid out. If you are interested, just PM your email address to me and I can send. I also have a copy of the menus as well.

Edited: 31 July 2010, 19:18
Ontario
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mi Hotelito at EDM

We just returned from EDM. We stayed in an infinity room for all of our stay, however for our late check out on the last day, we were put in a second floor Mi Hotelito room.

I thought the Mi Hotelito room was beautiful with a wonderfully private balcony. Unfortunately, the view from the balcony wasn't anything to write home about. The beds seem to be the same in both classes of rooms. The mi hotelito TV was an older model tube tv. The only think that would make me hesitate to book this class of room, would be the lack of storage space. There was two bedside tables with top drawers and than two small drawers in the armoire that houses the tv. Other than that, it all goes into the closet.

The infinity rooms are huge, with tons of storage space. We requested a top floor room (which we received) and had an ocean view that was breathtaking. I used the infinity pool a few times and found the water to be a descent temperature. Although, I think I would hesitate in the winter months, because I can see how they could get quite cold.

New York
Level Contributor
922 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mi Hotelito at EDM

Do they a public computer you can buy time on and use their computer. I do not have a laptop. Also, are there many American channels on the TV? Especially interested in CNN because we like to see the news.

Ontario
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mi Hotelito at EDM

They have two public computers in the lobby area. It was $6.00 us for 1 hour.

I flipped through the tv channels and didn't see CNN or any american news channels. The channels were fuzzy as well.