We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple Vacations and departure tax

Florida
Level Contributor
75 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Apple Vacations and departure tax

Is the departure tax included with all Apple Vacations? Right now, they actually have a better deal for the resort I'm looking for, but I want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything that might surprise me once down there. Thanks

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,966 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple Vacations and departure tax

I haven't used apple for awhile, BUT the last time I did, all taxes were included...I would venture to say they are, it should be spelled out in their info..

If you don't know what you are buying, then stop and read the small print..

An informed buyer is a happy buyer...

Edited: 31 July 2010, 16:58
St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
979 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple Vacations and departure tax

Jet Blue is the only US carrier that does not include the departure tax in the price of the ticket. So, unless they are now using Jet Blue, it's taken care of.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple Vacations and departure tax

Even when I've flown Jet Blue to Cancun, I've never paid a separate departure fee. I read on other posts that this is a new thing, but I dont see anything on Jet BLue's website but at least its only $20. I'll put that away in my passport as soon as I arrive in Mexico.

Boylston...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple Vacations and departure tax

Last November we used Jet Blue and had to pay the departure tax. We used Apple for land only.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apple Vacations and departure tax

We used Apple in April and all taxes were included. If you have any questions you can confrirm this on their 800 line or through a TA.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apple Vacations and departure tax

I just returned a month ago using JetBlue and I didn't pay any fee on departure. Nor did I on any previous trips with the airline.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apple Vacations and departure tax

I have flown many times with JetBlue to Mexico and never paid any extra tax, it was all included in the package price.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apple Vacations and departure tax

The tax with Jet Blue is relatively new (I discovered after a bit of research). JB passengers pay an additional $20. The "normal" departure tax is closer to $50, so SOME of the tax must be hidden someplace in the ticket.

9. Re: Apple Vacations and departure tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2011, 06:16