We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great tip - Take a Floatie

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Great tip - Take a Floatie

See my post on March 19, 2006 (search vacationqn) for my tip on mugs. My second favorite thing to take on vacation to a big resort is..... a floatie. The simple, bubble, bright colored floaties I find inexpensive at Walmart ($5). It fits fine in your luggage. You can take your time blowing it up when you get there.... or find a nice hunk of man to do it for you =)... then float around all day, every day, even to the "float up" bar... with your 32 oz insulated mug, of course. Then leave it with a new friend you meet there. ONLY RULE, it must be passed on when they leave. Happy vacationing!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great tip - Take a Floatie

I do this all the time! it's the best! Normally the gift shop should have an air pump so you don't need to give your lungs a workout!

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great tip - Take a Floatie

How many promotional pictures of the resort pools have a floatie and passenger bobbing in the pool? I consider it rude pool behavior to use one.

Besides...many people I've seen in the pools have a built in floatie.

Only exception is to use it in the ocean with a stiff off shore wind.

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great tip - Take a Floatie

Floaties are for sure one of my favorite things to take and of course the insulated mugs.....passing it on, always our rule....

I like to think my floatie is still on vacation :)

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great tip - Take a Floatie

No WMT in NYC. I've been looking for WEEKS for a cheap floatie/raft. I'm leaving (hopefully) on September 17. Not much summer stuff left in the stores.

KC MO
Level Contributor
615 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great tip - Take a Floatie

Have my floatie already in the suitcase so I don't forget it. Can't wait to float around in the pool and on the beach.

JDKC

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great tip - Take a Floatie

We always take a floatie for double duty. We use it as a cushion on our loungers as well as it's intended purpose. It makes your chair much more comfortable.

texas
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great tip - Take a Floatie

I too bought my floatie at Walmart for around $5. Found a air pump at the resort and left the floatie for other guest to use.

California
Level Contributor
302 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great tip - Take a Floatie

Don't fall asleep on the floatie and keep as much control of it as possible, it takes up more room in the pool then if you were to be simply swimming. Nothing like coming up from under the water and bonging your head on a floater...not cool!

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great tip - Take a Floatie

I am bringing mine for the ocean! I kept wishing I had one last year so when I saw them on sale a few weeks ago I picked one up for this year!

Illinois
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Great tip - Take a Floatie

I just got back from the Maya. we took our own floaties and I am sure glad we did. The shop near the pool was charging $15 US for them. We paid $3 at home and they filled them for free. We then left the floatie with a family that had just arrived.