We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult only resort

London Ontario
Level Contributor
198 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Adult only resort

For my 40th birthday, my husband and I would like to go to an all-inclusive adults only resort. We've been to Cancun twice - once with the kids and once without. We stayed at the Gran Caribe Real 3 years ago and the Crown Paradise Club with the kids 2 years ago. My husband really enjoys the area - I am willing to try something new? In March we took the kids to PP in Dominican and we weren't impressed, not to mention 5 days of rain sucked. Any suggestions? We would like something romantic yet lively - not too quiet. Any help would be appreciated. We would liek to be able to walk to shopping/sites/etc. We don't want to spend a fortune though.

Medicine Hat...
Level Contributor
337 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult only resort

We've been to the Excellence Riviera 3 times ! Check it out!

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
979 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult only resort

The Royal is right in PDC, so you can walk to shopping, etc.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,548 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult only resort

In the main Riviera Maya forum, they have a collection of Adult only resort Q&A in their Top Question section

See

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g659488-i11442-Riv…

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult only resort

Definitely check out The Royal in Playa. I spent my 40th @ The Royal in Cancun & this year we tried the one in Playa. You really can't go wrong w/ either but Playa has a really nice laid back vibe, nothing like Cancun & 5th Ave is only a block away (walking distance) so no need for cab fare. Tons of wonderful things to do in Playa. Happy shopping.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
653 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult only resort

Secrets capri- best trip ever!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,547 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adult only resort

If you want to be walking distance to shopping (and restaurants/bars), then you should definitely look at the Royal in Playa del Carmen. As for "sites", if you mean Mayan ruins, the main ones that I know of are Chichen Itza, Coba, Tulum and Ek Balaam. None of these are "walking distance" from anywhere. I think there might be some very small ruin sites scattered around Playa del Carmen but they would not be significant.

Anyway, here's my list of adult only, four and five star properties from Cancun to Tulum, which will, hopefully, give you a place to start researching:

Aventure Spa Palace

Bel Air Collection

Catalonia Royal Tulum (only 3.5 star but has a great beach)

Desires (a “lifestyle” resort – aka swingers)

El Dorado Maroma

El Dorado Royale

El Dorado Seaside Suites

Excellence Riviera Cancun

Excellence Playa Mujeres

Golden Parnassus

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

Le Blanc

Royal in Cancun

Royal Hideaway

Royal Playa Del Carmen

Secrets Maroma Beach (allegedly the BEST beach in the area)

Secrets Capri

Secrets Silversands

Sun Palace

Valentin Imperial Maya

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adult only resort

Royal PDC is right in town and is one of the top adults only all inclusives. Secrets capri is very intimate and has some of the best service. It's a little bit out of Playa, but still pretty close (short cab ride). Royal Hideaway is also just south of Playa, and is probably the nicest of the group (also the most expensive).

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adult only resort

Lots of good suggestions so far. For us, we've been to Sun Palace several times and spent our 30th anniversay at Aventura Spa Palace last year. In about a month we head to Valentin Imperial Maya. All of them are adult only AI's.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Adult only resort

Hi there check out these

Iberostar Grand

Valentine imperial

Secrets resorts and the Royal suits by Palladium(this one has small little cabanas along the water to stay in)You can also use the whole resort too.

The Palladuim resort is on a beautiful stretch of beach the water is calmer and you have alot of water sports to do there.They do have live web cams you can check out go to Palladium addict.com and it will give you tons of info.

Have fun happy 40th.

10. Re: Adult only resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 06:55