We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 60th birthday. What would be the perfect day?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Wales
Level Contributor
239 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
My 60th birthday. What would be the perfect day?

Going to be 60 during my holiday in PDC - oh God!! Any ideas for making it a perfect day? Don't think my husband has any exciting plans so I'm looking out for myself. What would you do? No zip wires please.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My 60th birthday. What would be the perfect day?

I don't know what you've done in the past as far as excursions go, but contact Edventure Tours and set up a day out with them. Ask if they will do a private tour for just you and hubby, if that's what you would prefer. Go to a cenote, snorkel in a lagoon, see the sea turtles in Akumal Bay, lunch at a beach restaurant, and YES, definitely try zip lining! It will be a birthday you will remember forever! I zip lined 2 years ago, and I am terrified of heights. The place where Edventures takes you is not very high, or long and is over water. Oh, I screamed a little bit, but so worth it! I will be 56 in September, so I'm no kid, and am pretty conservative by nature.

Happy 60th!!

Niki

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My 60th birthday. What would be the perfect day?

Take the bus to Cancun, take the ferry to Isla Mujeres and rent a golfcart, tour the island around and have some drinks and a nice dinner at one of the restaurants on the beach and watch the sun go down.

This is what we did last year for my hubby's birthday

Cleveland, NY 13042
Level Contributor
209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My 60th birthday. What would be the perfect day?

Take the ferry to Cozumel. Rent a cab and driver for the day and do the tour of the circumference of Cozumel-great drinks, beautiful scenery, good food.

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My 60th birthday. What would be the perfect day?

My husband parasailed in Mexico on his 60th!

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My 60th birthday. What would be the perfect day?

Go to Xplor. My group of 50 somthings went and I opted out of the ziplines, although they had a blast. There are plenty of other activities that make it worthwhile. The mango sherbet and buffet is great. The park is very clean and all the equipment is state of the art.

For the evening hit Bad Boys beach club on Thursday or Saturday for Nasty Bastards from 5 to 9 really excellent music from our youth. We danced the night away and had a blast.

6. Re: My 60th birthday. What would be the perfect day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 06:17