We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Del Carmen in May

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Del Carmen in May

Hi

Me and other half have booked up for a week to Riu Palace Mexico late May 2011, first trip away for him and first for me since having our wee boy. Anyone been in May? how is the weather & crowd usually?

Thank all xxxx

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,622 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Del Carmen in May

The month of May be the best month to visit Playa, other than the fact the weather is just starting to get nice up north. May is still the dry season, so just short spotty showers if any rain at all. it will be hot and humid, but usually a nice breeze off the ocean. May is the beginning of the off season so prices are usually better, and it's a little less crowded, but still a good vibe. June goes back to high season because Mexican schools are out and a lot of Mexicans from inland will come to Playa to vacation.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Del Carmen in May

May is my favorite month to vacation in Mexico! We just booked for 5-21 thru 5-29. :) Great choice in travel month!

Kate :)

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Del Carmen in May

As far as humidity and heat-better or worse then October?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Del Carmen in May

IMHO May is better than October in both heat and humidity.

glasgow
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Del Carmen in May

Thanks for your replies ...im really looking forward to going. Have any of you been stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico?

& have any of u been to Senior Frogs or Coco bongos?

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Del Carmen in May

Close friends of mine have said that Coco Bongos is a total trip! They had a great time!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Del Carmen in May

I have gone to Coco Bongos two times and will be going again in May. It is fun but word of warning........you don't get back until 4am!

glasgow
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Del Carmen in May

is there not a coco bongos in playa del carmen?? or do u have to travel to cancun??

Boston
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa Del Carmen in May

Oh it is in PDC. It open at 11pm and goes until 3:30am! Trust me! I just did it 3 weeks ago.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,622 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa Del Carmen in May

Coco Bongos is located at 12 calle and 10th avenue, one block from the heart of Playa del Carmen. From Coco Bongos if you head toward the beach, about 3 blocks you will find another 12 night clubs. None of these get started until 11:00 PM.

Sr Frogs is located near the main ferry dock to Cozumel, and it's not on my radar screen. Depending on what you want to do there are far better options than Sr Frogs.