We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condo suggestions

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
312 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
condo suggestions

Can anyone reccomend some reasonably priced condos in Playa? I have inquired about a few, but would prefer to hear some first hand experience before booking. We don't really need to be beach front, but like to be within a couple of blocks.

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: condo suggestions

We checked these condos when we were down there. They are beautiful and not too expensive. The Royal Palms Condos. e-mail info@royalpalmscondos.com. The website dosen't do them justice. They are only about 2 blocks from the beach. We actually found them by accident and took a tour. Good luck.

new york
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: condo suggestions

villas sacbe is fabulous! my husband and i stayed there last february and everything was pitch perfect. the condos are located on first ave between 12 and 16th streets (a short but oh-so-important block away from 5th aves noise and that much closer to the beach). some of the rooms have roof terraces with jacuzzis and outdoor showers and the courtyards and common areas are beautifully landscaped. the condos are very chic, high quality and equipped with all the essentials (cd player, full kitchen, comfy beds with nice linens, cable tv, ac, etc.). above all their units have style at a fraction of what it would cost you to stay at a hotel of the same caliber.

Pittsburgh
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: condo suggestions

which unit did you stay in? I have never stayed anywhere that wasn't on the beach. What did you do for the day at the beach? rent chairs? what was the pool like?

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
312 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: condo suggestions

Thanks for the info. It has been difficult to get information on condos. We stayed in a hotel last year and had a great time, but we like the idea of being able to make coffee and breakfast. I like to relax some in the morning with coffee before getting dressed. We will also have our 18 year old daughter with us and need the space. The beach was 1 small block from our hotel last year and not a problem for us. I would rent on the beach also if that was a major activity for the trip. We live on the Gulf Coast so we are near some beutiful beaches year round.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: condo suggestions

We have stayed at Xaman Ha and really loved it. The condo's were very nice and it was only a short walk to town, maybe 5 minutes.

We have also booked again Feb. 25 for 10 days with three other couples and are staying in the only 4 bedroom they have.

I think the prices are very reasonable. I also found out that two people I work with reserved the same condo and didn't even know that I had also book it.

East Bethel, MN
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: condo suggestions

ktplymouth: Can you refer to us whom you rented your condo from at Xaman-Ha. We stayed there a few years ago and the condo we rented was not very well kept up.

Would love to stay there again as the location is GREAT! Thanks!

new york
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: condo suggestions

when we stayed at villas sacbe (www.villassacbe.com) we were in unit #12. the condos do not offer beach club services, but it was no big deal to walk down to the beach only a few minutes away by foot and plant ourselves near mammitas or one of the other clubs, margarita in hand! it couldn't have been nicer.

we never partook of the condo pool (which seemed more decorative than functional to us, but that was fine). our personal jacuzzi was fabulous and the quiet, clean, stylish room was always a pleasure to come home to. we've stayed at many places in playa (deseo, las tortugas, mosquito blue, shangri-la caribe, gran porto real & playa maya) and found these condos to have the highest quality and comfort. though you sacrifice things like all-inslusive meals and/or massive swimming pools, you gain peace, quality & comfort in a boutique setting, which are hard commodoties to come by in much of playa. if you'r looking for rustic, inexpensive accommodations, this isn't the place. the bedding here is nice, the bathroom is marble and the level of taste is casual & refined. (we wish we could have bought our condo!) though hotels like the deseo and mosquito blue may appear chic and lovely, proceed with caution: what mosquito blue lacks in quality, the deseo makes up for in volume. hedge your bets and book a room at villas sacbe.

new york
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: condo suggestions

when we stayed at villas sacbe (www.villassacbe.com) we were in unit #12. the condos do not offer beach club services, but it was no big deal to walk down to the beach only a few minutes away by foot and plant ourselves near mammitas or one of the other clubs, margarita in hand! it couldn't have been nicer.

we never partook of the condo pool (which seemed more decorative than functional to us, but that was fine). our personal jacuzzi was fabulous and the quiet, clean, stylish room was always a pleasure to come home to. we've stayed at many places in playa (deseo, las tortugas, mosquito blue, shangri-la caribe, gran porto real & playa maya) and found these condos to have the highest quality and comfort. though you sacrifice things like all-inslusive meals and/or massive swimming pools, you gain peace, quality & comfort in a boutique setting, which are hard commodoties to come by in much of playa. if you'r looking for rustic, inexpensive accommodations, this isn't the place. the bedding here is nice, the bathroom is marble and the level of taste is casual & refined. (we wish we could have bought our condo!) though hotels like the deseo and mosquito blue may appear chic and lovely, proceed with caution: what mosquito blue lacks in quality, the deseo makes up for in volume. hedge your bets and book a room at villas sacbe.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: condo suggestions

Anyone interested, we booked Xaman Ha through the following: info@playadelcarmenvillas.com

They are very helpful. Ask for Heather Andersen and tell her I recommended her.

Thanks

Katie Warner

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
312 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: condo suggestions

If all goes well with our wire, we will stay at the Plantation House right off of 5th Ave and the beach. I have found little information, but the contact person has been very helpful and emailed me several times. The pictures all look very nice. I'll provide a report when we return. We almost chose Natzi Ha, but our teens would tire of that 10 minute walk to 5th Ave. in the June heat.