We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Porto Real - Beds

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Porto Real - Beds

Hi, I just booked a trip to this hotel for my cousins wedding so needless to say I didnt really research to much as I'm hoping they did that for me! Anyway, what are the beds like here and should I bring my own pillow with me...I like big soft pillows to sleep on.

Thanks.

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,761 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Porto Real - Beds

Most people would say the beds are hard (firm) and the pillows are not large and poofy. It is difficult to maintain bedding in a humid hot tropical country. This is why the air conditioning is on so much in the rooms. Bring anything you like to make you happy and comfortable. If that pillow is an item that you must have... then to bring it is the only way to assure you are content.

I always bring my Teddy bear, wool socks, and a Bubba Keg!

Edited: 05 October 2010, 20:13
Casuarina
Level Contributor
322 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Porto Real - Beds

I found the beds and pillows at GPR very comfortable. Unlike our first week in Mexico spent at Barcelo Colonial where the beds and pillows were so bad I didnt sleep properly for a week.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Porto Real - Beds

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Porto Real - Beds

The bed that I had was heaven! First night there I slept 12 hours which was much needed. :) I don't know if my room category had a different bed type then the others or not but it was worth it!

I had booked a Gran Jr. Suite Beachfront Walkout......226 days until I get to return.......big sigh!

Kate :)

5. Re: Gran Porto Real - Beds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 06:17