We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIM - Golden Suite Swim Up Room

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
VIM - Golden Suite Swim Up Room

For the Golden Suite Swim Up Room at the VIM - is there much foot traffic with folks walking by the room? I am trying to figure if I should go for a 2nd or 3rd floor Golden room vs a swim up suite.

Also, what is the best building for the golden suites 6, 7, or 8 - looking for a buildig/room with a more of a view of the ocean? If I get a swim up suite - is the ocean view limited?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIM - Golden Suite Swim Up Room

Yes there is. We where there in Feb. 2010 and we moved from emerald suite (Too dark) to golden swim-up, a lot brighter but we had people sitting right in front of our room. you have a small terrace than about 6 foot of grass and then a small side walk, that where people lay, and then the pool. Would suggest a higher floor. Some people will not be bothered by it, it is practical to just get out of your room and be a couple of steps away from the pool but not very private. Hope this helps!

Thanks

Alex

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIM - Golden Suite Swim Up Room

We ended up with a golden swim up last month. It was nice being able to open the patio door, walk a few yards and be in the pool but yes, there can be a lot of foot traffic going by the room, front and back. Was convienent being able to just get up and be back in the room for a drink or something. On the downside, whoever was walking by could look in to the room and be staring at the bed if the blackout curtains were not closed.

As far as ocean view, we had a lovely view of the swamp / lagoon. Ocean views anywhere at VIM are very limitied; from a ground floor room - almost impossible. If drinks are a factor in your decision, I would go with building 7 or 8. The bar is between these two buildings and they had no pool drink service while we were there. The first two days in building 6 we didn't even know there was a bar in the area. Finally walked down that way to see what it was like and found it but had to go up to the bar every time you wanted anything.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: VIM - Golden Suite Swim Up Room

Thanks Alex and mnkclt for your replies. I think I will go for a higher level room - I would be bothered by the foot traffic :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIM - Golden Suite Swim Up Room

There is a slight difference in rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor. 2nd floor rooms have one large balcony, more useable. The 3rd floor rooms have 2 small balconies, one is extremely small, only room for 1 person.

The 3rd floor rooms have a skylight above the tub, which lets quite a bit of light in the room early in the morning. Also, I'm not sure if all the layouts are the same, but our 2nd floor room had a full wall between the bathroom and sleeping area, 3rd floor had folding doors by the tub, so the bathroom could open up to the sleeping area.

Also, our 2nd floor room had a divide between the sleeping area and sitting area (with 2nd TV in armoire). Our 3rd floor room was one open space with the sleeping area and sitting area. I preferred the divided space, but that's just my preference. Hope this helps you choose.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: VIM - Golden Suite Swim Up Room

Thanks selb useful as always.

6. Re: VIM - Golden Suite Swim Up Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 05:19