We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATT cell phone coverage in Xcaret area?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
ATT cell phone coverage in Xcaret area?

Does anyone know if AT&T cell phones work in the Xcaret area?

We will have limited to no use, only if there is an emergency at home. Therefore, I am not worried about roaming costs and such.

I checked the FAQ area but didn't see this addressed.

I will call the company AGAIN but so far I haven't had any confidence at all in their answer.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
855 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATT cell phone coverage in Xcaret area?

bumping

Jersey
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATT cell phone coverage in Xcaret area?

Called what company?

I'm not sure why the folks at the park would know if you get AT&T coverage?

I have AT&T and always get a receptions in Mexico from various carriers. The again I don't always get coverage in NYC.

Generally speaking you'll get coverage.

Edited: 19 October 2010, 14:17
Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
right there
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ATT cell phone coverage in Xcaret area?

I got pretty good coverage. The only time at Xcaret I remember having an issue with my iPhone was inside the building in front where you book activities. I had to walk outside to call my bank and remind them that I was in Mexico and to please stop putting blocks on my card for suspicious activity every time i used it.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
855 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATT cell phone coverage in Xcaret area?

Called what company? - AT & T

I'm not sure why the folks at the park would know if you get AT&T coverage? I don't expect the "park" to know, I was asking about the general Xcaret area.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
855 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATT cell phone coverage in Xcaret area?

I got pretty good coverage. The only time at Xcaret I remember having an issue with my iPhone was inside the building in front where you book activities. I had to walk outside to call my bank and remind them that I was in Mexico and to please stop putting blocks on my card for suspicious activity every time i used it.

This is good to know. I will add a call to my cc company to the list of things to do, along with a follow up call to AT & T.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
855 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
6. Re: ATT cell phone coverage in Xcaret area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2011, 05:17