We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone been to Los Molcajetes de Pancho restaurant ?

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
anyone been to Los Molcajetes de Pancho restaurant ?

In PDC and was recommended this restaurant by our hotel conceirge. Not really any reviews online. It's on 30th near La Pesca and Mega. Anyone heard of it and/or been there ? Thanks !

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone been to Los Molcajetes de Pancho restaurant ?

I had molcajetes in Zihuatunah and Acapulco and really hope you go. I would love to hear your review. If they serve molcajetes you are really in for a treat! We've considered returning to Ixtapa this year just to go back for the molcajetes!

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone been to Los Molcajetes de Pancho restaurant ?

Ummm a molcajete is a mortar and pestle, maybe you had a dish called Molcajete Azteca? it is when you cook meat, cheese and onion in the heated mortar, delish. Served at Panza es Primero in Puerto Morelos

best

cat

http://www.thelittlemexicancookingschool.com

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone been to Los Molcajetes de Pancho restaurant ?

njb- Did you go to the restaurant? Did they make dishes in the Molcajetes like I envisioned?

catin- that is exactly what I was talking about!

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone been to Los Molcajetes de Pancho restaurant ?

unfortunately, we chicken'ed out and didn't go there. Went to la pesca instead and enjoyed the food there.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,805 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone been to Los Molcajetes de Pancho restaurant ?

I have to check out Los Molcajetes de Panchos restaurant. And, I do want to take Cat's cooking school in Puerto Moreles.

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone been to Los Molcajetes de Pancho restaurant ?

We went there the first week they opened & have to say were completely unimpressed. It's possible it's because they had just opened. For an authentic meal in the same neighborhood & along the same lines, we'd suggest Los Amigos at the corner of 30th Avenue & Calle 26 instead.

Tony & Cheri

Luna Blue Hotel & Bar

mexico
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone been to Los Molcajetes de Pancho restaurant ?

Estuve en la Semana Mayor en Playa del Carmen, comi en Los molcajetes de Pancho, me parecio realmente bueno, por lo que lo recomiendo ampliamente..como diria solo para conocedores.

Antonio Rubio

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone been to Los Molcajetes de Pancho restaurant ?

Old Traveller3 - I would consider you a local and a welcome student!

9. Re: anyone been to Los Molcajetes de Pancho restaurant ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:16