We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to take along

Mosinee, WI
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
what to take along

please let me know and "must have's" for vacation in mexico. first timers and not sure what to take

Red Deer
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: what to take along

If you are going to a all inclusive I would recommend you take a old beach towel of your own. Every resort has posted that you are not to reserve beach chairs. Well guess what nobody follows the rules. If you take your own towel it helps to keep your beach chair and often in the morning the little hut doesn't open right away. This way you will have a towel. Another tip is to take a insulated coffee mug. This is nice for your morning coffee and also for your cool smoothies in the afternoon. These mugs also keep sand and bugs out. This year I am going to take a glade plug in as a room deordoizer. All rooms have a stuffy smell. Thisway it will freshen it up.

Hope this is some kind of help. Have a great trip.

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to take along

Go to www.cancunmap.com. Click on "what to bring" under Pretrip Planning. You will find a helpful list to help in your planning.

Bien viaje!

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to take along

I bring a can of orange citrus air freshener to get rid of the musty smell. It also doubles as a natural insecticide for the ants that invade your room.

Mosinee, WI
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what to take along

thank you all for your generous tips. We sure can use them.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to take along

To help mask the musty odor you get in any tropical climate, I bring a fabric softener sheet and twist ties and attach it to the air conditioning fan. Instant fresh air! The insulated mugs are a must have. I also bring Zip lock bags for wet bathing suits or snacks when we go on an excursion.

Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to take along

If humidity does a number on your hair, like mine, bring some anti frizz type product.

Midwest City...
Level Contributor
498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: what to take along

The AI that we go to doesn't have an in room coffee maker. We take a 1 cup water heater.

Burleson, Texas
Level Contributor
367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what to take along

From my personal experience - Get whatever clothes you are taking...set them out all nice and folded, then take half of what's there. We ALWAYS take way too many.

Madison
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what to take along

We brought a bar of soap which was easier than using the little hotel bars. Hair gets real flat! Clothes will be damp. Lots of zip lock baggies. Jean jacket for cool evenings.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what to take along

Bandaids if you have new shoes!!! Pepto bismal tablets for upset tummy (perhaps caused by too much alcohol). Small U.S. bills to tip maids etc. Sunscreen (they really charge for this sort of thing) Have fun.